Nothing sounds more fun to a kid than splish-splashing water or feeling and building things with their tiny hands. That’s why instead of constantly looking out after them to prevent them from making a mess, you can get them a sand or water table or a multipurpose one that combines both features for double fun. Then you can get back to reading your magazines, chatting with friends, or getting busy with whatever else you like doing while they are blasting in fun and safety for hours.
The other reason you need a sand and water table is that it inspires activities that promote creativity, fine motor skills, social skills, and better communication. Plus, most of these tables can be used both indoors and outdoors, which means every day is a fun day regardless of the weather.
If you are sold out already, you can start by exploring the best tables in the market from our list below.
This is a simple sand table that can be filled with either sand or water. It is made from high quality plastic and can hold an impressive 40 lbs of sand. Also, it sits at just the perfect height that allows toddlers to dig in and has plenty of room for several kids to play together.
As you know, accessories are everything a kid needs to have their creativity running wild, and this sand table comes with two sand rakes, two shovels, and a bucket. As a bonus, the lid has a molded roadway providing a whole new play when your little one gets bored of playing with sand. We also love that it comes with a lid to prevent the sand from getting contaminated or water entering when it rains.
Step2 Naturally Playful table is suitable for kids aged between 2 to 5 years.
- Very sturdy
- Easy to assemble
- High quality and durable construction
- Spacious; allows a few kids to play at once
- It comes with a lid to keep out debris, contaminants, bugs, and rainwater
- The lid provides an extra play surface with a roadway
- Limited accessories
- The seal on the lid is not effective in keeping rainwater from getting inside
This is one unique and adorable sand table design! Shaped just like a crab with friendly eyes and shovel holders that look like the crab’s claws. It is designed to hold up to 25 lbs of sand, although you can also use other materials, such as gravel or even water. But be warned! It doesn’t have a drainage plug in case you are thinking about adding water.
It comes with a lid and four accessories, including two tables and two buckets. It sits pretty low, so small toddlers, say, 1 and 2-year-olds are able to reach in, but it can be used by toddlers up to 6 years old, according to the manufacturer.
- Very cute design
- Height is great for small toddlers
- Easy assembly
- Accessories are too few you might need to buy more
- Not large, may only allow room for two kids
This one is not a table, but it’s a fantastic sandbox. It has molded seats on all four corners and large enough room to hold up to 200 lbs of sand! Imagine all the treasures you would bury in there for your little one to dig out. You will also love the heavy lid it comes with to keep the sand clean and free of critters or water during the rainy seasons.
Step2-Play-Store-Sandbox-Cover is suitable for both indoor and outdoor play, and putting a tarp underneath will help keep the sand from ruining your clean floors. It also acts as spacious storage for your kid’s toys and other accessories with a domed lid. Do note that it doesn’t come with sand or toys.
- The heavy lid remains intact against winds and rain
- No assembly needed
- Has a sitting area of kids as they play
- Large capacity
- Not spacious enough to have four kids inside, but some can crouch from outside
This is yet another sandbox, but it’s from Little tikes; an old and trusted brand. No kid would resist getting inside this cute toy turtle with its cute bulging and inviting eyes. It offers two seats for your kids as they play, which is an improvement from the older version.
For fun, you can add sand, water, gravel, or any other materials, and it can be used both indoors and outdoors. It can hold 150 lbs of sand. Unfortunately, you would have to buy all the materials and accessories your kids would need to play with it. The low height and size make it ideal for small toddlers, although it’s marketed as suitable for kids up to 6 years old.
- Has a cute design
- It comes with a lid to keep out water, debris, bugs, and pets
- Customers complain it feels flimsy, not like the older model
This is one of the most colorful of all sand tables and stands out with its blue table and red legs.
It’s not really large, so it doesn’t take much space, and the height is perfect for 2-year-olds and up to 6 years. It’s also lightweight and easy for anyone to set up. With a holding capacity of up to 50 lbs of sand, this table allows your kids to get creative building sand castles and sand molds.
The sand table comes with a tarp instead of an actual lid, so it’s definitely not airtight and might allow some rainwater to leak in. However, the included elastic bands that secure the tarp will help keep pets, debris, and bugs out.
- It can be used with sand or water or as a toddler’s table
- Even with sand, it is light enough for most adults to move around
- It is light and can be pushed around by toddlers
- The tarp caves in when it’s rained on. You might need to add a hard-surface lid on top
The Best Water Tables
Step2 Rain Shower is the most popular water table among parents. It comes complete with all the accessories necessary to turn this table into a mini water park to give lots of fun to kids above 18 months.
It features two tiers: a waterfall tray and a water pond below. Kids can pour water on the waterfall tray and watch as the “rain” falls down into the pond below. It comes with a 13-piece accessory kit including a large bucket, toy frog, duck, fish, and more to give the kids a chance to explore their creativity.
- Made from sturdy and durable plastic material
- Includes many accessories for different play ideas
- It is spacious enough to allow multiple kids to play together
- Easy and fast assembly
- It has a no leak drainage plug
- The water runs out the upper part so fast; it needs continuous refilling
- The pieces are easy to get misplaced or lost
- The upper deck is only reachable by kids who are at least 34 inches tall
This is one fantastic table! It has sand on one side and water on the other side, and a car track separating both worlds. It also includes accessories such as boats, shovels, and bridges. This setup is great for encouraging spontaneous activities and creativity, making it a great toy for kids that easily get bored of playing with one thing over and over. It holds up to 10 pounds of sand and 3 gallons of water, allowing your kids to build sand castles, sail their boats, find buried treasures, etc. For extra playing space, the lid features extensive molded roadways that kids will love tracking their cars.
As a parent, you will love that it has two drain plugs on either end to hold the sand and water and drain water when you need to clean. Plus, a handy umbrella will provide the kids with shade as they play in sweltering heat in summer.
- Well-made and sturdy
- Great set for creating land and sea sceneries
- Includes are no-leak drains on both sand and water sections to prevent leaking and facilitate draining when needed
- It comes with a lid to cover the whole play area with elastic bands to hold it down and doubles up as an extra playing surface
- Easy to set up
- The umbrella is a bit flimsy
Step2 patio is a table like no other. It’s designed more like a playhouse, complete with real double doors that open and close, three working counters, and a roof. If you want a realistic-looking table that complements your backyard, this is a perfect choice.
One side is a kitchen area where kids can pretend to prepare meals and lemonade. The second side features a sand and water table. And the third area is a molded-in sink for kids to “clean” the dishes. It also comes with lots of accessories that will make this table feel like a real playhouse.
The table is suitable for kids aged two years and above. It is also important to point out that it is wheelchair accessible, allowing kids with disabilities to have a great time.
- Realistic and attractive design
- Includes a stylish and sturdy canopy to protect the kids from the scorching sun
- Comes with a snack table at no extra cost
- Set includes tons of accessories for sand play, splish-splash, and kitchen play
- Comes with a mesh storage bag to prevent all the pieces from getting lost
- Wish the sink area had a plug just like the sand and water section to make cleaning easier.
If you are a family with several toddlers, this table is all you need to give them hours of non-stop fun. It is really big and even six kids can play together at the same time. It has both a water and sand side. The waterside features a series of roadways, bridges, and boats, while the sand side has a shovel and buckets. There is also a wide umbrella to keep the playing environment cool under the hot summer weather.
The table comes with a large lid that covers the whole table, and the elastic tethers ensure it’s secure enough to prevent unwanted materials, bugs, and pets from getting in the play table. The table is suitable for kids aged from 2 to 8 years.
- High quality and durable construction
- Easy and fast assembly
- The water side has a no-leak plug
- The umbrella is large and of good quality
- The lid is sturdy and effective in keeping water and bugs out
- Spacious enough for many kids to play at once
- The water side is really small compared to the sand side due to the molded-in road
The Little Tikes waterpark features a unique design; a circular table pod with large plastic legs for support and a tall tower in the middle. It also comes with five floating character balls and a cup.
Kids can drop balls from the top and enjoy watching as they spiral down into the water basin at the bottom. For some fun water action they can fill the tunnel with water to make the Ferris wheel move all on its own! And that’s not all; the characters also fit in the wheel and it’s real fun to watch them get span.
This is a great water pod and will keep your kids engaged for hours as they improve their fine motor skills, creativity, communication, and learn to share. It is suitable for kids aged 2 to 6 years.
- It’s small but sturdy
- Easy to assemble
- It has lots of interactive moving parts to keep toddlers engaged and entertained
- It comes with a no-leak plug
- The balls absorb water and develop mildew
- It’s not the easiest to clean because the bottom part doesn’t drain completely and it traps debris.