Best Baby Swings for Compact Spaces
If you live in an apartment or a home with limited space, you are probably trying to find the best swing that will fit your small apartment or nursery space. You are on the right page and in this post, I review the 5 best baby swings for small spaces you can find in 2020.
A compact baby swing can enable you to optimize the nursery space and I have put together a list of my favorites including the most affordable swings for small spaces. Thanks to popular brands such as Graco, Ingenuity, and Fisher-Price that avail portable compact swings.
A small swing should measure around 22 inches to 25 inches in width and height and as you’ll see from our list below, Fisher-Price’s Spacesaver Swing (the #1) measures 23.5 inches by 24 inches by 28 inches – just the perfect size for a nursery with limited space. If you are in a hurry, check out our #1 pick baby swing ideal for small nursery spaces on Amazon here.
Whether you want your baby swing to soothe and entertain your baby or to just keep your baby relaxing as you go about your job at home, you need a small one if there is not a lot of space at home. I have done the hard work of carefully analyzing the sizes and features of 26 brands.
Below are the results of my analysis. I finally narrowed down my list to 5 best best swings for small spaces.
5 Best Baby Swings for Small Spaces 2020
Below is our list of the best baby swings for small spaces:
- Best Overall: Fisher-Price SpaceSaver Swing & Seat
- Both battery & plug-in: Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing
- Plugin-in convenience: 4moms rockaRoo Compact Baby Swing
- Value for money (swing plus rocker): Graco EveryWay Soother
- Cheapest: Bright Starts Safari Smiles Portable Swing
Reviews of 5 Best Small Swings for Small Spaces 2020:
Below are reviews of the swings most ideal for any small space. Let’s start with our overall best, the SpaceSaver Swing by Fisher-Price.
1. Fisher-Price SpaceSaver Swing & Seat, Luv U Zoo
Fisher-Price Spacesaver swings is our overall best swing for small spaces in this 2020 list. I like this swing most because it is not as expensive yet you get a small footprint, occupying less than 500 square inches.
Below are some of the features that make this Fisher-Price the best in the list:
- Measures; 23.5 x 24 x 28 in
- Weight recommendation of 6 to 20 pounds
- Age recommendation from infancy/newborns to 20 pounds weight limitation. There is no distinct upper-limit age recommendation
- Powered by a battery.
I like this baby swing the most because it is small but it’s also great that you can be able to carry it around the house from room to room easily. You can easily pass from room doors without any problem – if the doors are the standard American doors.
It also takes very few minutes to assemble it. One parent commented that he remembers it taking less than 10 minutes and that it didn’t require any special skills or special tools to assemble it.
Aside from swinging, this baby swing also vibrates and can play music to your little one to soothe them. You can rely on 5 swing speeds and music volume controls to let you customize what you think might get your baby excited about this great swing.
Graco Simple stands true to its name. It’s a simple sway swing that came second in our list of compact swings for any home with limited space. The genius in this swing is in the compact design of the frames. Over 1,600 parents agree that it’s frame design truly makes it fit for any small space with an average rating of 3.9/5.
Below are other features I like about this swing:
- 2-speed vibration to help keep your baby calm and relaxed
- plush seat with removable head support keeps your little one cozy
- Manufactured by Graco
- 10 songs and 5 nature sound to soothe and amuse your baby.
- 6 swing speeds allow you to choose the right pace to suit your baby’s mood.
- 5-point harness for safety
- 3 soft toys for visual stimulation
- Uses 5D rechargeable batteries with 4 hours battery life
- Weight recommendation: 5 to 30 pounds
- Weighs 17.2 pounds
- Currently the #2 best in Stationary Baby Swings category in Amazon.
Below is a video review of this compact swing:
Our third best swing is the 4Moms Rockaroo and is a third the size of a traditional baby swing making it the perfect one for your limited space. It has a back and front swing motion that is not as fast and considered among the most comfortable for babies.
Below is a video review of this 4Moms small swing:
Below are other features that make this swing great for your home:
- It has MP3 plug in to play music
- It does not use batteries but requires AC
- Not the cheapest as it goes for over $150.
- it has 5 speeds
- It is easy to remove and the covers are machine washable
- Manufactured by Mamaroo.
Below is a video showing the difference between Rockaroo and Mamaroo:
Graco Everywhere is our fourth best soother and it made to this list specifically because I like a swing that is small and doubles as a rocker (not just a swing). Its design is modern and uses AC power (not batteries) but the biggest advantage of this Graco brand is its lightweight. You can count on it to take limited space and can also be confident that you will be able to confidently carry it around as you want it.
Aside from being a swing with multiple uses, it has the following great features that will make you appreciate it, on top of it saving you space:
- It measures; 28 x 25.5 x 35 inches
- Weight limit of 5. 5 pounds to 25 pounds for the swing and 5.5 pounds to 18 pounds for the rocker
- Recommended for infants to toddlers with a weight limit of 25 pounds
- You can use a 110V outlet to power this swing and rocker for squeezed space.
While this swing comes at a low price, your baby can enjoy the following:
- 16 soothing motions (8 angles to swing and 6 swing speeds)
- 2-speed soothing vibration
- 3-position recline
- 15 songs
- soft interactive toys
- infant head support that can be removed
- 5-point harness
Below is a demonstration of this swing and rocker:
I initially had mixed feelings about adding this swing to this list, not because of space. I didn’t think they match the other ones in this list but its price is very low and enticing making it ideal for any parent on a tight budget. For less than $50 you can get yourself this small-space swing that is powered by batteries with a removable toy bar.
After learning about Bright Starts, the award-winning company behind this brand, I was impressed by what they’ve achieved. They have over 100 innovative activity centers, play gyms, bouncers, swings, playards, and toys.
Below are features that I like most about this swing that makes it ideal for any parent occupying a small space/apartment/house/home:
- It’s size is 22.4 x 28.4 x 22.8 in
- Weight recommendation of 6lbs to 20lbs
- Recommended for infants until they get to 9 months
- Powered by 4 size C batteries
- 6 swing speeds
- 2 recline positions
- Easy to fold and to travel with
- 5-point harness
Pros: The toy bars are removable, easy to fold design, Very affordable and safe with the 5-point harness
Cons: No music and doesn’t vibrate.
Below is a video review of Bright Starts Compact Swing:
Check back soon to check the buyer guide