It is time to buy your baby shoes when he or she starts to walk around unaided. Most parents, especially first-time parents, experience a mix of excitement and anxiety when it comes to purchasing shoes for their babies because they are unsure what kind of shoes to buy. For your infant or toddler, walking is a huge milestone and your baby needs the most comfortable shoes to walk around with. We have also reviewed general best baby shoes for all feet type – small, wide, among others
You need to take your baby to a shoe shop to have his or her feer measured to ensure that your buy a shoe that will fit properly and leave room for grom; the little ones’ feet keep growing, thick and fast. Remember, the babies’ shoe lengths start from size three, and their shoe width varies between D and H, F and G being the most common. Also, you can buy either sneakers, sandals, boots, play shoes, or dress shoes.
The best baby walking shoes should;
- Be supportive with either a Velcro fastening or a buckle
- Have a flexible and lightweight sole that has a good grip
- Be made of breathable material such as leather, cotton, or canvas.
Caution; Avoid plastic shoes as they make your baby’s feet sweat, which increases the risk of fungal infections such as the athlete’s foot.
- Have plenty of room around the toe area (at least 1cm) when your baby wears to for the growing feet
- Should fit when the shoe is worn with socks
- Not be loose to prevent the baby’s feet from slipping forward or out when the baby walks or stands on tiptoe, which prevents her from squashing her toes.
Review of Baby Walking Shoes
Below, we list and discuss the best baby walking shoes in 2020 to buy your little one.
Leah, by Momo, is our number one best baby walking shoe for your little girl. Leah by Momo, is the cutest and functional sneaker for your baby girl.
Here are features that make the shoe our best baby girl walling shoe;
- The shoes have the perfect width for babies with narrow feet and learning to walk
- The shoe is lightweight; it has a lightweight leather upper and thin flexible sole.
- The shoe has deep tread traction that is anti-slippery for the moving toddlers
- It has easy-on, easy-off design straps witH Velcrob for the best fit
- The shoe has a PU rubber sole for enhanced breathability
- The baby shoe has a fan-shaped toe box that resembles the child’s foot, which allies the big and ye small toe to move freely.
- It has a bright and cheery color that is pleasing to the babies’ eyes.
- It is approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
- You can choose from two colors; either pink and purple or black and purple
Hunter by Momo is our number two best baby walking shoe for your baby.
Just like it’s sister shoe, Leah by Momo, Hunter by Momo is the baby best baby walking shoe for your toddler because:
- It suitable for baby boys with narrow feet learning to walk
- The shoe is lightweight, which allows the baby to move without dragging feet.
- It has a rubber sole for optimal breathing of feet
It has a fan-shaped toe-box that imitates the shape of a child’s foot, which enables the babies’ big and small toe to move freely
- It has a durable mesh that enhances its lightweight and improves breathability.
- It has a flexible sole allows a better natural shift of weight from the back to the front of the shoe when walking
- Its rubber sole has a deep tread pattern that increases its anti-slip feature
It is approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
Soft Motion Amalie by Stride Rite is our number 3 best baby walking shoes for girls learning to walk because:
- It has an oversized opening for easy-on
- It is made of 100% leather for optimal breathability
- It has flexible rounded soles for enabling natural movement and improving balance
- It has memory footbeds, for increased comfortability
- It has a rubber sole for improved breathability and antislip function
- It has a shiny patent upper that is attractive to the toddlers
- It has a simple hook and loop strap closure for easy wearing and removing the shoe
- It is available two colors, candy apple red, white, and navy
- The shoe is available in both medium and wide widths, which makes it suitable for baby girls with both medium and wide with feet
- It is both fashionable and functional because they are play shoes and dress shoes
- It is APMA approved
Tulip by Stride Rite is our fourth best baby walking shoe for girls because it made with the baby;’s comfort and protection in mind. The baby shoe is one of the nest sandal-style for beginner walkers because:
- It is lightweight
- It is comfortable and flexible owing to its full toe coverage
- It is appropriate with babies of all feet widths because it is available in medium, wide, and double-wide width
- It has a cushioned footbed for enhanced comfort
- It is simple to wear because it has an easy hook and loop closure
- It has flexible leather upper for maximum breathability
- It is made with Sensory Response technology that helps to mimic the barefoot walking through sensory pods on the outsole to help the baby feel the ground.
- It has colorful leather upper features that are attractive to babies and toddlers.
Note: The Stride Rite SRT Tulip (Infant/Toddler) is unisex, which enhances its functionality.
Bare Steps H20 by Merrel Kids (Boys)
Bare Steps H20 by Merrel Kids (Girls)
Bare Steps H2O by Merrel Kids is our fifth best baby walking shoe, which is especially functional during summer. The Bare Steps H20 by Merrel Kids a favorite baby walking shoe because:
- It has a soft thin-soled shoe that has an extra-wide toe box and a reinforced toe box for improved protection and support
- It is unisex
- It is made of 100% leather and textile for maximized breathability
- it s outsole has rounded edges that resemble the baby’s foot that optimize the flexibility of the toes
- It has a convenient alternative closure for a snug fit and easy on/off
- It has a rubber sole for improved comfort and breathability
- It has an M Select Grip for flexible, non-marking traction
Elijah by Stride Rite is our sixth-best baby walking shoe, especially because of its functionality during summer. The shoe ranks in our best baby walking shoe because:
- It is available in medium, wide, and extra-wide widths, making to appropriate for all babies.
- It is made of leather, which makes it improves breathability
- It has a rubber sole for enhanced feet comfort and breathability
- It has a simple on and off feature owing to its easy-double-on strap closure and double hook and loop closure for easy on/off and adjustability
- It has a signature memory foam footbeds for increased support
- It has flexible rounded soles that facilitate natural movement and enhance balance
- It is available in Navy and Brown, which allows you the choice to suit the shoe color of your liking.
Soft Motion Kellen by Stride Rite is our number seven best baby walking shoes because it provides unmatched support stability for babies and toddlers who are always moving.
The shoe is our favorite because:
- The shoe is available in navy, gray, and brown
- The shoe is made of Suede leather upper to enhance breathability
- It has an adjustable hook-and-loop for easy wearing and removing
- It has a padded tongue and collar for enhanced comfort
- It has rounded edges that minimize stumbles and falls
- It has a premium leather lining and memory foam insole that enhances the comfort of the feet
- It has a flexible rubber outsole for that is antislip
Soft Motion Adrian by Stride Rite is our eighth-best baby walking shoe because of its comfort.
The shoe is comfortable because:
- It is made of leather and textile that maximizes breathability
- It has a rubber sole that optimizes feet comfort and enhances its anti-slippery feature
- It has signature memory foam beds that enhance feet comfort
- It has premium construction that mimics the natural shape of the feet, facilitating comfort
- Its hook and loop closure facilitates easy on/off and adjustability
- It fits all feet widths starting from 3-wide-feet to 6 x-wide feet.
- Stride Rite Kids Sophie Baby Girl’s Adjustable Suede Boot Ankle our number 9 best baby walking shoe. The shoe is most suitable for winter and ranks among the best baby walking shoe because:
- It is made of 100% weather for optimal breathability
- It has a rubber sole for comfort and enhanced anti-slip function
- It has a memory foam insole for improved comfort
- It has rounded edges to minimize stumbles and falls
- It is ankle-high with some faux fur for increased warmth during winter.
- It is available in brown, purple, and fuchsia colors
Stevie II by See Kai Run is our 10th best baby walking shoe. The baby shoe ranks among the top ten best babies walking shoes owing to their lightweight, elasticized laces and modern design.
Other baby walking-friendly features of the Stevie II by See Kai Run shoe are:
- It is available in blue denim, brown leather, burgundy blue, camo, Gray jersey, Gray/Blue, Red/Blue, Teal/Navy, and Washed Denim.
- It has a flexible rubber outsole
- It has a breathable textile lining and cushioned textile insole
- It has a padded tongue and collar that provides additional support
- It has a sleek design of textile upper with a contrast design
- It has a hook-and-loop closure for a secure and adjustable fit. Also, the shoe has elastic laces that increase adjustability.
From our list, therefore, we conclude that;
Best Baby Walking Shoes for Girls are:
- Leah by Momo
- Soft Motion Amalie by Stride Rite
- Tulip by Stride Rite
- Bare Steps H2O by Merrel Kids
- Stride Rite Kids Sophie Baby Girl’s Adjustable Suede Boot Ankle
Best Baby Walking Shoes for Boys are:
- Hunter by Momo
- Tulip by Stride Rite
- Bare Steps H2O by Merrel Kids
- Elijah by Stride Rite
- Soft Motion Kellen by Stride Rite
- Soft Motion Adrian by Stride Rite
- Stevie II by See Kai Run