In this post, I have reviewed the best car seats for twins available in the market. Having twins is a blessing and can be challenging as you’d need to dedicate a good amount of time attending to your little ones. My team and I have dedicated more than 50 hours to compare all the infant car seats twins can use in 2021.
All our recommendations meet the following stringent standards:
- Excellent Safety Ratings
- Available for purchase online
- Rated highly by at least 100 parents that have purchased and used them
Main features we looked for:
- Minimum weight rating: All the seats on this list start at 4 lbs. Make sure that the car seat can accommodate their lower weight
- Low harness slots: baby’s shoulders should be at — or slightly above — the nearest harness slot. Pick car seats with sufficiently low harness slots
- Size of your car
Best Car Seat for Twins 2021
- #1. Graco Snugride Click Connect 30
- #2. Chicco Compact Secure KeyFit 30
- #3. Graco 4 Eve 4-In-1 Convertible
- #4. UPPAbaby MESA
- #5. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller and Car Seat Travel System
- #6. Britax B-safe35
- #7. Diono Radian 3RXT All-In-One-Convertible
- #8. Safety 1st On Board 35
- #9. Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30
- #10. EvenFlo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible
- #11. Doona Infant Car Seat Tor Twins
Best Car Seats for Twins 2021: Graco Snudride Click Connect 30
Graco Snugride Click Connect 30 emerged as the overall best car for twins. We’ve reviewed it below.
Reviews of the Best Infant Car Seats for Twins
Graco Snugride Click Connect 30 is our overall best car seat you can use with your twins in 2021. One of the things that we love about this seat is that it is super lightweight, which makes moving your twins between cars a lot easier. It safely accommodates from 4 to 30 pounds of weight, so your twins can only be able to use it in their infancy. It also has a removable soft cushioning that will keep your twins head supported.
The seat has a 5 point harness to keep your twins firmly secure. It is also designed to attach automatically to all Graco Click Connect strollers as part of your traveling system.
The Graco connect 30 is most people will love a car seat that is portable, secure, and affordable; features that stand out from the Graco connect 30 seat. That is why it’s our top pick.
- For infant from 4to 30 pounds and 30 inches tall
- Rear-facing design
- Years to expiry: 7 years.
- Includes removable head support for newborns
- The price is low in comparison
- It is FAA approved
- It is lightweight and portable
- It is easy to install
- SnugRide Click Connect 30 infant car seat carriers are compatible with any SnugRide Click Connect infant car seat base
- Some parents say it doesn’t unlatch easily from the base
- There is tilting from side to side, so there is a need for additional support especially with small babies
You can check its current price on Amazon here.
#2. Chicco Compact Secure KeyFit 30
We are not the only ones who love Chicco KeyFit 30; it is the #1-rated infant car seat in America! This seat accommodates infants weighing and babies weighing from 4 to 30 pounds. If you have newborn twins, you will be delighted to know that the seat has removable newborn head and body support that are cushy to provide your infant with that extra needed support and comfort.
Chicco KeyFit 30 is easy to install using the Latch system or seatbelt; it clicks into the base as well as on the car seat effortlessly. Also, it has Ride Right bubble levels and reclines sure leveling feet that you check so you can be confident that you have installed the seat correctly every time.
This is one of the most secure seats you can get for your baby; it has a 5 point harness you tighten with just an easy pull. The seat also connects to Chicco strollers so you can make it part of your travel system. Because of its unmatched safety features and performance, we give it the second position on our list.
- For infants 4-30 lbs. and 30 inches tall
- Includes removable newborn head and body support
- 5-point harness
- Level footing and Right bubbles levels for installation
- Machine washable fabric
- Compatible with Chicco strollers
- Available in ten colors
- Excellent safety features, parents who had a car accident when using the seat said the baby remained unharmed.
- The seat is comfortable for newborns too because of the head and body support
- A lot of customers say it installs effortlessly
- It is compatible with strollers which makes traveling easier
- A lot of customers find the seat bulky, but some also love the sturdiness
- It is pricier in comparison
This is the first convertible car on our list so far and our third best choice. It is the kind of seat that grows with your babies giving you up to 10 years of service. You can install it both forward-facing or rear-facing, and it takes up to 120 pounds of weight. Use the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System and 10 headrest positions that allow you to adjust the seat until you get the most proper fit. It also has 6 recline positions for your baby’s comfort.
You can easily install it using your vehicle seat belt or latch system. Its InRight latch system makes the installation process easy. Additionally, the seat is Graco ProtectPlus engineered and has undergone rigorous crash tests to help protect your baby from frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes. Also, it is tested for extreme car interior temperatures so your twins will not be sweating and overheating in it.
- It has a weight capacity of 4-120 pounds
- It is a convertible infant car seat
- It has 4 modes of use (forward and rear-facing, high back, and low back booster)
- Includes 6-position recline
- Forward and rear facing design
- It’s the only seat you will need for the next ten years
- The seat has a perfect fit
- It has 10 headrest positions and 6 recline positions
- A lot of customers say it was easy to install
- Several parents who got into accidents say the baby and seat remained intact
- Apart from the infant insert, the rest of the seat does not have sufficient padding
You can check its current price on Amazon here.
The UPPAbaby Mesa is lightweight and made with soft merino wool that will keep your twins warm during the cold season and still cool and breathable under hot weather. It is also fire retardant and free of chemicals.
Installing this seat is super easy because it combines auto-retracting latch connectors and visual indicators that turn color to indicate the correct installation. It also connects easily with Vista and Cruz strollers.
The Mesa seat features an adjustable headrest and infant insert. The headrest is reinforced with foam for added protection from side impact protection, and the insert gives your twins safer riding positions.
- Suitable for infants weighing 4 to 35 pounds
- Includes a canopy
- Attaches to Vista and Cruz strollers without adapters
- Uses auto-retracting latch connectors and visual indicators for installation
- Front adjust no-rethread harness with integrated side impact protection
- The merino wool is soft, and padding is great
- The seat is easy to clean
- It includes infant inserts for babies below 8 pounds
- The smart, secure system makes installation easy
- The seats are expensive
- Some babies have become hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable when using the seats.
If you’re considering purchasing an entire travel system for twins, Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller and Car Seat Travel System may be an excellent option for you. You get a double stroller and two infant car seats with bases.
The double stroller accommodates two car seats and is convertible when you remove the rear seat creating room for your child to stand while the other babysits. Whether you are installing this seat on the car base or stroller, you can do so with its 5 point harness that you can easily adjust on one hand and just push the button to release when uninstalling. Also included is a deluxe seat pad and removable infant insert to cradle you twins for additional comfort during rides. The Baby Trend travel system is the fifth position on this list.
- Includes two infant car seats
- Includes a double stroller
- Accommodates babies weighing 5 to 35 pounds
- Includes a 5-point harness, 4-position height adjustment, and height-adjustable seatback
- Deluxe seat pad and reversible infant insert
- Great value for your money for a travel system that your infants can grow with
- Easy installation and dismantling using just one hand on the release button
- The seats are cushy
- The seats and strollers are heavy
#6. Britax B-safe35
Our sixth choice of car seat for twins is this Britax b-safe 35. The rear-facing seat is built with sturdy construction to surround your twins in safety, featuring a layer of side impact protection, steel frame, and impact-absorbing base.
Just like other seats we have reviewed, you secure the Britax seat using the latching system or seatbelt lock-offs. To help you find the correct installation angle, there are spring-assisted recline and dual level indicators.
You can have the seat as part of your traveling system by pairing it with any Britax or bob strollers.
- Suitable for baby weighing from 4 -35 pounds
- Includes SafeCell technology and steel frame for total body protection against impact
- Center latch and built-in seat belt lock-offs for installation
- Includes spring-assisted recline & dual level indicators for correct installation
- Includes an extra-large canopy
- It very easy to install and adjust
- It provides maximum protection even in the event of an accident
- It is one of the infant seats with an extra-large canopy
- It is comfortable
- Because of the sturdy built, the seat is heavy
#7. Diono Radian 3RXT All-In-One-Convertible
The Diono 3RXT seat combines safety, comfort, and convenience all into one package. It is compactly built and slim fit so you can actually fit three of these seats across in most mid-sized cars and have your twins and their sibling too. Whenever you need to travel, just fold the seat flat and carry it, including using it in aircraft. Moreover, the seat is designed to grow with your babies lasting up to ten years.
It is built with a reinforced steel frame on the sides and base to provide full-body protection. Another interesting feature is that its SuperLatch system produces an audible click sound so you can tell you have installed the seat properly. The seat is made with soft fabric covers that are reinforced with memory form that is an impact absorbing as well as providing additional comfort.
When it comes to beauty, this seat wins. It is available in eleven colors ranging from dark, neutral to bright colors, including cherry, plum, and yellow sulfur. You can be sure to find a seat that matches your style.
- Accommodates weight from 5-120 pounds
- Made from high-quality steel and memory foam
- Includes Diono nesting removable insert
- Designed to fit three seats across in medium-sized vehicles
- Foldable design for easy transport
- Audible SuperLatch installation
- Slim width design allows three car seats to fit across in some car back seats
- Eliminates the need to buy a booster seat when your babies grow
- It’s durable
- Portable and easy to store because of the foldable design
- It is expensive
- It does not have a recline indicator which also makes it challenging to install facing rear
- Some customers find it too long, but they love that it is narrow
- The seat is a bit heavy
#8. Safety 1st On Board 35
This is the cheapest seat on our list so far and our eighth most favorite, but that doesn’t mean its quality and performance fall short.
The Onboard 35 seat is lightweight, built using next-generation engineering that also incorporates side-impact protection. For your little ones, there is head and body support for additional comfort and support.
With its four harness height points, you can adjust with a single pull to secure your babies no matter what size they are.
The seat can be used on aircraft whenever you need to travel and is also compatible with any QuickClick strollers being attaching with just a simple click.
We also love that it meets ASTM and JPMA safety standards and has a one-year limited warranty. Also, the seat pad is machine washable and drier safe for easy cleaning.
- Accommodates babies from 4-35 pounds
- It has side impact protection and energy-absorbing materials
- Four harness height adjusting points
- Includes head and body infant insert
- Usable on aircraft and QuickClick-equipped strollers
- Includes a one year warranty
- It is lightweight
- It protects from impact perfectly
- The cushioning is thick and comfortable
- The price is great
- Easy to clean
- The seat and the base are really large, so they take a lot of space
- Some parents lamented that the bottom buckle is too big therefore it digs into the baby’s thighs
#9. Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30
If you choose the Mico Max 30, it guarantees total safety and comfort for your twins in every ride using the air Protect Side Impact Protection and anti-rebound bar. For your newborn twins, the seat comes with an additional infant insert for head and neck support, further boosting their comfort and safety.
The seat can be installed easily in vehicles using the latch system and on Maxi-Cosi, Quinny, and other premium brand strollers using adapters. It also comes complete with a multi-positional sun canopy with a flip visor.
The seat is easy to clean, with the removable seat pad being machine washable and drier safe.
- Accommodates babies with a weight between 4-35 pounds
- Air protected advanced side protection
- Rebound protection on the base
- Includes an extra-large canopy
- Includes infant support pillow & tiny newborn insert
- Machine washable and drier safe
- Compatible with 50+ strollers
- Uses the latch system for installing
- The seat is lightweight
- It’s comfortable even for newborns
- It easy to set up
- A lot of parents find it beautiful
- It compatible with many strollers
#10. EvenFlo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible
If you didn’t know, EvenFlo is a trusted brand that has been in the market for the last 100 years. With their convertible seat, you can only expect high quality and performance. The seat is designed to be the only seat your twins need from infancy throughout their developing years until they can use a regular car seat.
As far as safety is concerned, the EvenFlo Elite All-in-one convertible seat uses the SureLatch system to achieve the perfect installation. Also, a 5 point harness that slides easily allowing you to adjust for the perfect fit. If you need any further guidance to install, EvenFlo gives customer service real-time chat and free live video installation support.
- Serves babies weighing 5- 110 pounds
- Uses the SureLatch system for installing
- 5 point harness for adjusting the seat
- It will grow with your twins
- The material is comfortable and plush
- Setting up is a breeze
- There is parent link customer support to assist with installation in case you experience difficulties.
- It is a large seat which might not be favorable for smaller cars
- It’s not easily portable
#11. Doona Infant Car Seat Tor Twins
Moving around twin can be hectic, but this Doona seat by Doona is a total lifesaver. It is the last on our list, though, because of how expensive it is. It has an integrated design that allows you to move from car seat to stroller in a touch of a button. Also, it is a small car seat, so you will be able to maneuver it easily, even in places that are crowded. It just the perfect car seat if you travel with your babies a lot.
Aside from the convenience, it has impressive safety features like its unique three-layer side protection, anti-rebound bar, 5 point safety harness, an ergonomic infant insert, and head and body foam support.
A lot of parents love the Doona seat sleek and stylish design and lovely colors too.
- Suitable for babies from 4-35 pounds
- Includes Bamboo infant insert and head support
- Converts from car seat to stroller in seconds
- 5-point harness
- 3 layer side impact protection
- Includes an adjustable handlebar which acts as an anti-rebound bar inside the car
- Converting from car seat to stroller is effortless
- The seats are stylish and beautiful
- The strollers roll and maneuvers easily
- Very easy to set up and adjust
- It is expensive
- It is sturdy and heavy
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at 10BabyGear. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.