If you are short mum, you should consider getting a short crib with a height of fewer than 35 inches that will not go above your waistline. It can be a real struggle to get your baby to the crib if you end up with a tall crib.
For the average mom in America, of 64 inches (according to CDC), a regular crib with or above 35 inches may be Okay. However, for shorter mothers with 55 inches or less in height, a short crib of fewer than 35 inches is the most ideal. The transition from baby lounger or bassinets to a crib is a good indicator that your baby is developing well and as a parent, finding a short crib is key so you can continue to access your baby easily.
In this post, I have spent a good number of days researching the 5 best cribs for mums with 55 inches or less. Let’s get started!
Top 5 Cribs for Short Mums:
Below are the best 5 cribs ideal for shorter mums:
- Babyletto Modo 3-in-1
- Delta Children Bentley S Series
- Storkcraft Hillcrest Fixed Side
- Union 2-in-1
- DaVinci Kalani 4-In-1
Reviews of the Best Cribs You Can Get as a short mum:
1. Babyletto Modo 3-in-1: 34.5 Inches
Babyletto is our overall best crib you can get if you are a short mum. It is a 3-in-1 crib as it can be used as a crib, toddler bed, or as a daybed and you can rely on it as your baby’s durable crib as your baby grows from infancy to toddlerhood.
I ranked this crib first as it meets our minimum requirement of being below 35 ft in height. When you assemble it, it is 34.5 inches in height making it easy for you to place your baby to bed.
In addition to that, it comes with 4 mattress height adjustable positions allowing you to easily adjust and raise the mattress height to fit your height. I like this Babyletto Modo not just because of its low height, I also really like this Babyletto because it is one of the most durable convertible cribs for short mums for short mum as it is made of solid sturdy wood.
Another reason I like this small-mum crib is that it is safe for baby as the slates spacing are 2.375 inches.
Below is a review of Bayletto Modo, 3-in-1:
- It is Greenguard Gold Certified, meaning it provides your child with a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- The crib grows with your baby because it has four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your kid learns to sit and to stand. That is, it converts easily to a toddler bed, daybed, and full-sized bed.
- The crib is safe for your baby because it is non-toxic: it has a non-toxic multi-step painting finish that is lead and phthalate safe. Its safety exceeds ASTM International and the U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- It has all-slate sides that allow you to monitor your baby from all sides of the crib.
- The Babyletto Modo 3-in-1convertible crib is made of solid wood that provides a sturdy and stable bed for your baby.
- The crib is durable owing to its sturdiness
- You have to stop using the crib when your baby is able to climb up to 35 inches or is at least 35”.
- You have to stop using the crib when your baby weighs 50 lbs. and above.
2. Delta Children Bentley S Series 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
This 34-inch Bentley S Series brand of the convertible baby crib by Delta Children is the second-best crib for short mums. For any petite mum, this second crib on this list is also convertible and unlike the Bayletto brand above, it has 3 adjustable mattress positions.
If the 34-inch height is not short enough, you can also choose from the three positions. In addition, it is made of strong, solid wood that is JPMA certified for safety.
- The crib is JPMA certified, meaning it meets or exceeds all the CPSC and ASTM safety standards, including lead and other toxic element safety.
- The crib is convertible to a toddler bed and full-size bed with a headboard and footboard, including the Daybed rail.
- The Delta Children Bentley S Series crib is strong and sturdy, which facilitates safe use by the baby and mommy or daddy.
- Many parents who gave reviews on the crib on Amazon complain that it has a headache-inducing paint smell that lasted for months, making it a health-hazard for baby use.
- The toddler guardrail and full-size metal bed frame are sold separately, which makes it more expensive.
- The crib does not come with a mattress; you have to buy the mattress separately.
3. Storkcraft Hillcrest Fixed Side Convertible Crib
Storkcraft Hillcrest is our third on this list and it has one of the lowest heights of 34 inches. Similar to the reviewed cribs above, Storkcraft is convertible and has adjustable mattress positions. You can get this crib for less than $150.
It is made from pine wood and despite its height quality, it is priced well and it meets all the JPMA safety and certification standards.
As of this publication many satisfied parents, over 180 have rated it 4.4/5. It weighs 46.3 pounds and is currently the 37th best-selling baby crib on Amazon.
- It converts easily into a toddler bed, day bed, or full bed.
- It grows with the baby because it has three adjustable-height mattress positions.
- The Storkcraft crib is suitable for any crib decor because of its assortment of modern finishes.
- The crib is JPMA-certified. Meaning it meets or exceeds all standards set by CPSC and ASTM.
- All sides of the crib are slated, which makes it easy for you to monitor your child from any side of the crib.
- The crib does not come with the mattress, which creates a lot of add-on costs for the full bed configuration.
- The crib has fewer adjustable mattress heights, which makes it harder for shorter parents to place or pick the baby.
#4. Union 2-in-1
Union 2-in-1 Cribs is our fourth best Convertible Crib that will suit you if you are a short mum. Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib is a Greenguard Gold Certified crib that provides extra comfort and safety for your toddler. This crib is convertible, to mean it grows with your child and can be converted into a daybed, toddler bed and a full-sized bed with much ease and hence visually grows along with your child. The crib measures at 53.5*30.25*33.5 inches, and weighs 35.7 pounds.
The Union-in-1 Convertible Crib is among the top amazon baby cribs sellers because its easy to use, it provides comfort to a baby, its is safe for the little ones, and it grows with baby owing to its convertibility function into a day bed, toddler bed, and a full-sized bed. Its construction with the top-quality New Zealand pine wood facilitates its durability.
Also, the crib has an elegant and vibrant shade of six colors that makes it most compatible with other furniture in the baby’s room. The crib is available in ebony, espresso, lagoon, nature, sunshine, or white.
- The crib has four adjustable mattress levels.
- The crib has a non-toxic, lead, and phthalate safe finish.
- The crib is convertible into a day bed, toddler bed, and a full-sized bed.
- It is sturdy because it is built with top-quality New Zealand Pinewood
- The crib is slated on all sides
- It grows with the baby because it can be used as a baby crib, day bed, full bed, or a co-sleeper. The crib measures 5*30.5*33.5 inches, which makes it convenient for your baby’s growth in length, width, and height.
- It is safe to use because it is non-toxic
- It supports the baby safely from unwanted collapse injuries because it is sturdy.
- It weighs 39.6 pounds, which makes it convenient to lift and adjust as one wishes.
- The crib is JPMA-certified, having met and exceeded ASTM and CPSC standards, assuring you that it safe for your baby’s use.
- It is affordable compared to other cribs.
- It does not come with the mattress
You can check its current price on Amazon here.
DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is our 5th best crib for any short mum. It is a Greenguard Gold Certified crib that is suitable as a toddler bed and a full-size bed. The assembled dimensions of the crib are 54’’ L *37” W*42” H and interior crib measurements of 52” L*28” and front rail measurements of 35.”
The crib weighs 60 lbs. and supports up to 50 lbs., and the toddler bed /full-sized bed weighs 500 lbs.
The crib is made with 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood and available seven colors, which are Espresso, Cherry, Chestnut, Ebony, Grey, Honey Oak, and White.
The crib is functional because it grows with your baby (It converts to a toddler bed, daybed, and a full-sized bed). Also, the crib has four adjustable mattress positions that allow you to suit your baby’s safety needs as he or she grows.
Above all, the crib has been tested for over 10 000 chemicals to ensure that it is safe for your baby’s health.
- The crib is convertible into a toddler bed, day bed, and full-sized bed
- The crib has four adjustable mattress positions that allow you to adjust the crib’s length as your baby grows
- The crib is built with 100% solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood that ensures its sturdiness for your baby’s safety.
- The crib is the Greenguard Gold Certified, meaning it passes the most stringent emission standards.
- The crib is available in seven different colors to suit the different decor needs
- The crib is safe for baby’s use because it is lead-free
- The crib is functional and durable because it is convertible into a daybed, toddler bed, and full-sized bed.
- Also, the crib is functional because it has a four adjustable mattress height settings
- The crib is sturdy enough to support the baby safely
- The crib’s slats are 2 ⅛” apart, which makes it safe for your bay because he or she cannot wedge her finger and toes in between.
- The crib is available in seven colors, which makes suitable for parents with different decor tastes
- The Toddler Bed Conversion Kit and the Twin/Full-Size Bed Conversion Kit are sold separately, which adds on to the cost.
- The mattress is not included when buying the crib, which adds on to the cost.
You can check its current price on Amazon here.
#6. Babyletto Hudson
The Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible crib is a favorite to parents because of its versatile modern design with stylish rounded spindles, a sturdy frame, and turned out feet. Also, the crib is functional because it is convertible into a toddler bed and a day bed with four adjustable mattress positions that suitable for your baby’s needs as it grows.
The crib is GREENGUARD Gold Certification because it meets or exceeds safety guidelines.
Below are features of the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib.
- Versatile Modern Design: the crib is suitable for the modern nursery owing to its turned-out study feet, rounded spindle design, and open silhouette.
- GreenGuard Gold Certified: the crib is non-toxic for babies because it has been tested and passed over 10, 000 chemical emission standards.
- 3-IN-I Convertibility and Adjustable Height: The feature allows you to convert the crib into a toddler bed and daybed and suits your baby’s growth, respectively.
- Baby Safe: the crib has a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate-free, exceeding the ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Sustainable Design: the crib is made with solid New Zealand pine wood that gives it a sleek design. Also, the crib has hidden hardware, enhancing its clean look.
- It is convertible into a day bed and a toddler bed
- It comes with the conversion rail
- It has 4 height-adjustment slots that enhance its prolonged use.
- It is strong enough to hold the baby without risks of falls.
- It has a universal mattress fit
- It is available in white, espresso, Grey, Washed Natural, and Grey and white, which makes it suitable for different baby room decor.
- It does not come with a mattress
- It does not convert into a full-sized bed unlike other cribs
You can check it on Amazon here.
Dream On Me, Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is a baby bed that is designed beautifully to enhance functionality and longevity. The crib sits low on the floor to ease your reach on the baby. Also, the crib has a solid frame with a non-drop side rail design that ensures your baby’s safety. The crib also grows with your baby because it has a 3-position adjustable mattress support system: it converts into a toddler daybed and twin-size bed. Finally, the crib is available in a variety of stylish color finishes of black, cherry, espresso, French White, Grey, Natural, and White.
- 4-in-1 Convertibility Options-the crib has a 3-position mattress support system that allows you to convert the crib into a mini daybed and a twin size bed. As such, your child can use the crib from infancy to adulthood.
- Longevity-the Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is durable and stylish because it is made of New Zealand pinewood
- Compact yet spacious dimensions– the crib occupies a small footprint but very spacious internally, which is ideal for small nurseries, co-sharing, or multiple children to attend to.
- It is cost-effective because it usable from infancy to adulthood
- It is sturdy enough to support a growing child effectively
- It is suitable even for small spaces because of its compact dimensions
- It is safe to use because it is JPMA Certified
- It is available in 7 colors, which makes the crib fitting for all baby nursery cribs.
- The cribs sit low on the floor for more comfortable use by the caregiver or parent.
- It does not come with a mattress
- The twin size rail and bed frame are sold separately, which adds on to the purchase cost.
You can check this crib on Amazon here.
Babyletto Origami Mini Crib emerged 8th on this list but is still a favorite for short mums in the market for a perfect portable crib. This brand is manufactured by Babyletto, an award-winning designer of baby products and has manufactured great products such as Babyletto Mercer 3-In-1 Convertible Crib that came top in our list of best cribs with drawers.
The Babyletto Origami Mini Crib is a portable mini crib that is most fitting with modern families. The mini crib is excellent for urban living or secondary living spaces because of its petite footprint and rolling feet facilitate easy movement at home. Also, the mini crib has a foldable design, is durable, and lightweight.
- Adjustable Mattress Height– crib has a low-profile design that allows you to put a baby to rest easily. Also, the crib has two adjustable mattress positions that facilitate the baby’s growth.
- Urban Style and Size-the crib have a foldable frame and removable locking caster wheels that enhance easy storage and transport.
- Sustainable Design– the crib is made with solid New Zealand pine wood that enhances its sturdiness for the baby’s safety.
- Safe for Baby– the crib has a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining procedure that is lead and phthalate safe.
- It comes with a mattress
- The crib is suitable for urban fitting owing to its foldable frame and locking caster wheels that are removable for easy storage and transport
- The crib is safe for baby’s use because it is non-toxic: it is lead and phthalate-free
- The crib is very functional because its lows profile design lets you put your infant in it quickly.
- The crib is durable because of its build with solid New Zealand pine wood, which is of the most renewable woods in the market.
- It comes with a one year warranty
- It has limited use because the baby outgrows it fast
You can check this product on Amazon here.
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at 10BabyGear. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.