If you are looking for safe and secure JPMA-certified bassinets, then read on as I have reviewed the best JPMA-Certified bassinets in the market today.
JPMA stands for Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association. It is a non-profit association with members consisting of baby product manufacturers and importers. JMPA advocates for the quality and safety of infant and children products and they issue certificates to manufacturers after having passed their stringent tests.
All baby products are required to meet minimum government/federal requirements based on safety and use before hitting the market. If you see a JMPA seal on a product, it means it has been tested and found to meet the required safety standards established by ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) through an independent laboratory testing facility.
So, as you can tell it is always best to buy a product that is JPMA certified because you will be confident that it meets the highest standard for safety, performance, and functionality. Here are the best JPMA-certified bassinets:
Reviews of the Best JPMA-Certified Bassinets 2020
1. Halo Bassinet Swivel Sleeper
Top on our list is the Halo Bassinet Swivel Sleeper owing to its many impressive features that will help make your life a lot easier.
The first feature that impressed us the most was the 360-degree swiveling ability which enables you to bring your baby close to you in bed, ensuring the baby sleeps safely. This motion also helps you move out of bed hassle free because you don’t need to push the whole bassinet. For any nursing mom or those recovering from C-section, this bassinet is a lifesaver. The side walls can be lowered to allow you to access the baby easily and without leaving your bed. Or, you can lock the wall in an upright position if you like.
HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper, Bedside Bassinet, Soothing Center with Nightlight, Vibration and Sound, Premiere Series, Pebble
- Our best-selling HALO BassiNest, now with a new, improved design and available in two new modern prints: Herringbone and Pebble. Also includes waterproof mattress and one fitted sheet.
- Swivels and rotates 360 degrees to bring baby to you for close, safe sleep and to make getting in and out of bed hassle-free. Includes storage pockets to keep baby's essentials close by.
- Patented lowering bedside wall allows you to tend to baby from bed. Wall can be locked in the upright position, if desired
- Improved soothing center includes two levels of vibration, and four soothing sounds to help relax baby for sleep. Also includes amber nightlight and floorlight to help you see without disturbing your baby or partner.
- New sleek base easily adjusts for bed heights from 22" - 34". Base legs tuck under bed and require only 32" clearance from wall, making it ideal for small spaces.
That is not all about the great ways you can adjust this bassinet since it boasts of a sleek base whose height can be adjusted to match beds with heights ranging from 22 inches to 34 inches. And it is great for small spaces as the sleek base easily slides under the bed.
It will help your baby fall asleep easily with four soothing sounds and two levels of vibration with up to 30 minutes auto shut off. The auto shut off feature will help to conserve batteries, and at least you don’t have to bother waking to shut it down. Because you will need to check on your little one at night, this bassinet conveniently includes a soft glowing nightlight that will shine just enough light to let you see without disturbing your baby. And, with two pockets on the sides, you can keep some necessities at hand, so you don’t go fetching every time.
Lastly, this bassinet is well built and sturdy with mesh walls for all-round breathability. It is also JPMA certified, so should you have no fears regarding its safety.
- Has soothing features to help your baby to sleep easily
- Mesh panels allow you to keep an eye on your baby and provide good air circulation
- Includes a night light to enable you to see your baby
- Has adjustable heights allowing you to have the baby at eye level from your bed
- It is expensive
- Uses 3AAA batteries for the soothing features and they run out fast
- Not very stable when swiveling
2. Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
If you have been struggling with calming down your baby and getting your infant to sleep, the Fisher price soothing motion bassinet is the ultimate sleeping solution. It is safe with JPMA certification and comes second on our list because it offers tons of soothing features and backed by great customer ratings.
Many parents find this bassinet super cute, and it has mesh panels to ensure that there is airflow in and around so the baby can breathe easily regardless if they have shifted towards the walls. It also has some mobile stars that little hands will love to tug and have some sensory play.
Coming to the great tricks that will get your fussy baby to fall asleep are soothing music, nature sounds, and calming vibrations. Additionally, the bassinet can gently sway to help calm your baby until they fall asleep. These features are great for setting a bedtime routine. The soothing features require batteries to run for thirty minutes after which they shut off automatically.
It also has a light setting for a night light and overhead projector which can also be used as a table soother. The projector is detachable, which is great because it can help with an older sibling struggling to sleep. Moreover, there is a large storage basket that attaches to the bassinet to hold some blankets, clothes, diapers and the likes.
Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet, Windmill
- Calming sway motion generated by you or baby
- Dual mode lighting; Choose from soothing projection and night light (Light projection unit is removable and can be used as a tabletop soother)
- Flat sleeping surface with deluxe overhead mobile
- 30 minutes of calming vibrations, music and sounds
- Optional lock out to minimize swaying motion
This is a stylish bassinet that is highly functional and practical to help meet your child’s needs and comes at a very reasonable price.
- Excellent value for money
- It is sturdy
- Many features to help soothe your baby without major input from the parents
- Easy to set up
- It has a spacious storage basket underneath to keep baby’s essentials close
- It is not portable
- The height is not adjustable
- Vibration and rocking feature are not the best quality
3. BABYBJORN Cradle
BabyBjorn bassinet cradle may lack fancy accessories, but its stylish design and clean lines make it stand out in any room. It is a high-end cradle that only has JPMA certification but has also met both European and American safety standards.
It features high quality construction with a sturdy frame, superior fabrics, and a thicker mattress than the competition so your baby will sleep in safety and comfort. Mesh sides allow full air circulation and great supervision.
Among its best features is that it is lightweight and compact so you can easily pick it up and take it with you room to room and floor to floor. Also, it sits lower than most bassinets allowing you to see your baby at all times.
The other impressive feature is the gentle rocking motion which comes in handy when you are trying to get your little one to sleep at the end of a tiring day. Just a gentle tap with your finger is all it takes to trigger the motion.
BABYBJORN Cradle - White
- Lulls your baby to sleep with relaxing, gentle rocking movement
- JPMA Certified Product with low height and transparent mesh fabrics allowing for secure supervision of your baby
- Easy to move around the house so you can always have your child close to you day and night
- Soft, breathable and airy sides and simple design with no bars or loose parts to trap tiny hands or feet
- From newborn (8 lbs) to approximately six months (17 lbs);Legs: wood and steel
As a parent, you will love that the mattress cover is removable and can be easily washed by machine. It is also waterproof, so it helps make cleaning easier in case of diaper blow out, or messy milk spills.
This bassinet is expensive ($350), but its features are guaranteed to give you great peace of mind.
- Portable and lightweight
- It is sturdy and uses premium quality fabrics
- Very easy to set up
- Pricey, the most expensive on this list
- It is small in size and babies outgrow it fast
- The low height is uncomfortable for tall parents
4. Graco Dream Suite Bassinet
Graco Dream Suite has to be on this list of best bassinets because it has many great features both for parents and baby and because it is JPMA approved. If you want a multifunctional bassinet for a good price that won’t take much space in your bedroom, this bassinet will be a great option.
This bassinet flips into a changing table which helps you to change the baby right where you are conveniently. Add that to the fact that it has a spacious storage basket underneath to keep all the baby essentials and you have a care center for your baby. And, you can continue to use it after your baby has outgrown the bassinet until they are thirty pounds. Better still, it will be a portable changing table because of the locking wheels.
Graco Dream Suite Bassinet, Mason, One Size
$115.99 in stock
- Complete bedside care center features reversible bassinet and changer all-in-one
- Extended use changer allows for more diaper changes, up to 30 lb
- With two speeds of vibration to choose from, you can find just the right setting to soothe baby
- With four locking wheels the bassinet can be effortlessly maneuvered throughout the home allowing baby to be wherever you are
- The canopy offers shade from light while the two soft toys give baby a focal point for playtime
It also provides a cozy sleeping spot for your baby with a canopy to block out the light from disturbing your baby’s eyes and mesh sides for airflow and visibility. The vibrations with two levels will help calm and lull your baby to sleep, and when awake, your baby can play with the two soft hanging toys.
The bassinet has wheels that roll smoothly allowing you to take the baby with you anywhere around your home as you keep an eye on them. The wheels can be locked stationary as needed.
You can easily keep this bassinet looking fresh because the mattress cover is removable and machine washable, while the rest of the other fabrics and changing surface only require a simple wipe down.
- It is portable with wheels
- The wheels have a locking system to keep the bassinet firmly in place
- Gives you two different vibration settings to choose from
- It has a large storage basket
- It has a canopy to shield the baby from light
- Easy care, with removable and machine washable fabrics
- It transforms into a changing table that can be used until the baby is 30 pounds
- Great for small spaces
- The assembly instructions are not easy follow
- It’s hard for some to switch to changing table on one hand while holding the baby
- The vibration feature is not the best quality
5. Delta Children Smooth Glide Bassinet
Closing on the top five best JPMA certified bassinets is the Delta Children Soothe Glide. Would you believe that this super cute bassinet retails at less than $100? Despite being affordably priced, it offers you just as many features that you get with expensive bassinets. That’s one of the reasons it’s one of our favorites.
This bassinet provides a cozy environment for your baby to sleep with soft fabrics and a canopy that blocks out disturbing light. Your baby will always fall asleep easily with the preloaded lullabies and soothing vibrations. And there is an option that allows you to adjust the right vibration speed to what is enjoyable for your baby.
Delta Children Smooth Glide Bedside Bassinet - Portable Crib with Lights, Sounds and Vibrations, Marina
- SOOTHING FEATURES: Relaxes baby with a variable speed vibrations pod that plays pre-loaded lullabies and features soft glow nightlight | Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
- GLIDING MOTION: Rocks baby gently side-to-side | Activate gliding motion with a gentle push
- EASY TRANSPORT: Locking wheels enable easy transport from room-to-room in your house | Enables you to keep baby close to you in safest way possible | Assembled dimensions: 32"L x 21"W x 45.5"H
- PLENTY OF STORAGE: Ample underneath storage offers easy access to baby basics | Includes a fitted sheet and a 1" water-resistant pad
- WE PUT YOUR BABY'S SAFETY FIRST: JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM
Along with the music and vibrations, it has a soft night light that will help you check on your baby at night without waking your baby.
The locking casters enable you to keep the baby close as you finish other chores around the house while the large divided underneath storage basket holds your baby’s necessities.
- Very cute design
- It has soothing vibrations and lullabies
- It has a soft night light
- Easy to assemble
- Affordable pricing
- Portable with locking wheels
- Has just one color option
List of all JPMA Certified Bassinets
Including our top favorite bassinets we reviewed earlier, there are many other options you can explore. Here is the whole list of the ones we could find with JPMA certification.
- Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper
- Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet, Natural
- Arm’s Reach Concepts Mini Ezee 2-In-1 Bedside Bassinet
- Arm’s Reach Concept Ideal Ezee 3-In-1 Bedside Bassinet
- Baby Bjorn Cradle
- Delta Children Smooth Glide Bassinet
- Delta Children Deluxe Gliding Bassinet
- Delta Children EZ Fold Ultra Compact Travel Bassinet
- Delta Children Rocking Bassinet
- Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
- Fisher-Price Soothing Motion Bassinet
- Fisher-Price Rock & Play Portable Bassinet
- Fisher-Price Stow ‘N Go Bassinet
- Graco Dream Suite Bassinet
- Halo Bassinet Swivel Sleeper
- Summer Infant Bentwood Bassinet
- Summer Infant Classic Comfort Wood On Point Bassinet
- Summer Infant Soothe & Sleep Bassinet
- Summer Infant Travel Bed
- UPPABaby Bassinet
Are All Bassinets required to be certified? Are the certified ones safer?
Currently, there are no federal laws that regulate some baby products, including bassinets and cradles. The only federal requirement is that all bassinets should meet the standards established by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) and other established standards for bassinets and cradles such as ASTM. The CSPC issues manufacturers and importers with a Children’s Product Certificate to show that their products have been tested and met CSPC’s strict standards.
So, if you are looking to buy a bassinet, we would recommend you only to consider those that have been tested and certified by various organizations such as CSPC, ATSM, and JMPA to ensure it is safe for your baby.
The AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) through a journal of healthy children organization states that so long as the bassinet or cradle has a CPSC certificate; it should be safe for your baby.
Now, that you know what to look for to make sure your baby’s bassinet is safe, you might be already wondering where to start your search, and luckily for you, we are ready to help you in your arch. We have already compiled a list of the very best JPMA certified bassinets after sifting through countless bassinets.
And, if you need to look further (which we doubt once you have read our reviews of the best bassinets), we have a list of more JPMA certified bassinets.
How to choose the best JPMA certified bassinet
The most important factors to consider are the safety and comfort of your baby. All other factors help make tending to your baby easier for you. Of course, that is what everyone wishes for. That’s why we advise you to consider the bassinet that offers the most important features that best serves your needs. Now, below are the factors you need to consider.
You can easily tell if a bassinet is approved by JPMA if it has the seal. This will help ease your mind that it has undergone through the highest safety testing and has met all requirements, hence safe for your newborn.
Most infant deaths that are normally associated with bassinets are usually as a result of suffocation. Mesh sides allow good circulation of air to prevent such tragedies.
Wheels are great because they will help you move your baby without waking her from sleep to other rooms in your home or even outside. But, the locking system for the wheels is a great safety feature to prevent the bassinet from rolling away accidentally if placed in an incline or if a sibling decided to play with the bassinet.
A canopy helps to block out distracting light that may keep your baby from falling asleep or wake them from sleep. A removable canopy or retractable is even better because you can always get it out of the way if you want to change the baby in the bassinet.
Sound effects, vibration and light
These features are designed to lull your baby to sleep faster by creating a relaxing environment. Some bassinets use lullabies and nature sounds with adjustable volume to help soothe your baby. Others have vibrations with adjustable speeds to help calm your baby. The night light produces a soft glow which is very handy by helping you check on your baby without waking your baby. Note that these soothing features run on batteries and so you need to factor in the cost of frequently replacing the batteries, which is dependent on usage.
Some bassinets have soft mobile toys which help to give the baby a focal point that fascinates them and helps them become playful when awake.
Modern bassinets have so many different functionalities to meet your every need. Some bassinets like the Graco Dream Suite bassinet on our list below can convert into a changing table. Others have storage baskets underneath to keep baby’s essentials.
Some bassinets can be turned into a cradle using a quick-release latch and retracting the wheels causes the bassinet to rock gently. Other bassinets can glide with the wheels locked stationary although they require batteries for this function. Still, others can rock or sway gently from touch, and some good examples are the Fisher Price Soothing Motion or the BabyBjorn cradle on our list.
Ease of cleaning
Bassinets come with different types of fabrics that make them uniquely attractive and most also come with removable sheets and mattress pad. To keep your little one’s beddings always looking and smelling fresh so you want fabrics that can be easily cleaned by machine whenever they get dirty.
A bassinet with a storage basket underneath not only gives you additional space to keep baby items, but it gives you room to keep the essential things you need to use frequently within close reach. If a bassinet has skirts, choose the one with short skirts because long skirts usually block access to the storage basket underneath.