Even the best strollers or the best travel systems can be outgrown by toddlers that grow faster than their peers with the same age bracket. In addition, there are other reasons you may want to use a toddler stroller. Reasons can range from medically-recommended situation to just riding a stroller for the sake of it.
Who said kids of age 4 and above cannot ride on a strollers? No one.
And manufacturers are taking notice. The most recent strollers available in the market in 2021 have a higher weight limit and can support weights of 50lbs to 75lbs to accommodate toddlers that have significantly more weight than their peers.
Also, most strollers nowadays have longer seats and whether you want an umbrella stroller for your big kid or a double stroller, the list below will enable you to pick the best for your toddler.
We’ve created a list of 10 best strollers for big kids below.
List of Best Strollers for Big Kids/Toddlers in 2021:
|Name||Max Weight||Rating on Amazon(1/27/20)||Check Price|
|Chicco Liteway||40lbs||4.5/5||Check price|
|Britax B-Free, Pewter||65lbs||3.9/5||Check Price|
|Britax B-Free, Midnight||65lbs||3.9/5||Check Price|
|J is for Jeep Brand||45lbs||4.2/5||Check price|
|Britax B-Agile||55lbs||4.7/5||Check Price|
|Baby Jogger City Mini||50lbs||4.8/5||Check price|
|Summer 3Dlite||50lbs||4.5/5||Check Price|
|Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller||33lbs||3.5/5||Check Price|
|Kolcraft Cloud Plus||40lbs||4.3/5||Check Price|
Reviews of the Best Toddler Strollers 2021
1. Chicco Liteway Compact-Fold Aluminum Stroller
Chicco Liteway Stroller is the overall #1 pick in this list of best strollers for toddlers in 2021. Over 294 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of June 2021, it has an average rating of 4.6/5. Parents like the Chicco Liteway Stroller because of its compact-fold, and durable lightweight aluminum frame.
Here are some of the great features that made us consider this stroller as the top best:
- It has a lightweight aluminum frame (17 pounds).
- It features an adjustable sunshade with a “peek-a-boo” opening.
- A tight grip with foam-padded non-adjustable handles that are 40 inches high.
- Compact fold to ease in its mobility; moreover, this stroller features a carrying handle.
- Flexible 2-position leg rest for a child’s added relaxation and support.
- Rear-wheel suspension and front locking swivel assure a steady ride.
- Easy to apply rear brakes for parking.
- Extensive storage solution with a capacious storage basket.
- Built-in parent’s cup holder.
- It can hold up to 40lbs comfortably.
- A hide-away boot toddler enclosure.
- The backrest in this stroller easily reclines to more than 3 different positions.
2. Britax B-Free Stroller Black/Gray
Britax B-Free stroller black/gray is our 2nd best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers in 2021. Over 120 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of March 2021, it has an average rating of 3.9/5. Parents like the Britax B-Free Stroller Black/Gray because of its all levels seat recline that comfortably accommodate sleeping toddlers.
- All levels seat recline to accommodate sleeping toddlers.
- Has 3 long-lasting rubber wheels for ultimate maneuverability and sturdiness.
- Travel System enabled as it is compatible with all Britax and BOB baby car seats
- Large storage basket as well as pockets for supplies
- UV 50+ Strechable sunshade for protecting the child from UV light, wind and rain.
- The handlebar is adjustable. This is ergonomically convenient for most parents or caregivers.
- Holds up to 65 pounds
3. Britax B-Free Stroller (Frost)
Britax B-Free stroller (Frost) is our 3rd best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers. Over 120 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2021, it has an average rating of 3.9/5. Parents like the Britax B-Free stroller (Frost) because of its large storage basket, and an additional 7 pockets.
- At just 22 pounds, the stroller holds up to 65 pounds. Has a large storage basket, and 7 pockets
- Smooth-rolling thanks to the all-wheel suspension that acts as a shock – absorber.
- Travel System able as it fits perfectly with all Britax and BOB baby car seats.
- UV 50+ expandable canopy
- Infinite stroller seat recline levels to accommodate sleeping children.
- The handlebar is adjustable. This is ergonomically convenient for most parents or caregivers.
4. J Is For Jeep Brand Scout Stroller
J Is For Jeep Brand Scout Stroller is our 4th best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers. Over 15 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2021, it has an average rating of 4.2/5. Parents like the J Is For Jeep Brand Scout Stroller because it is inexpensive yet feature-loaded.
- Has some reflective material for safety enhancement. Extendable stylish canopy with sun visor; also has a peek-a-boo window that allows the caregiver to keep a watch on the toddler.
- Fast and compact umbrella fold design with an automatic locking latch.
- Multiple positions reclining seat
- Ample storage with an undercarriage case, rear canopy bag, and removable side pocket
- Parent cup holder
- A five-point seat safety harness with soft shoulder pads
- 7-inch rear and 6-inch front tires; easy step breaks on the rear wheels; the front wheels swivel aiding effortless movement
- Adjustable two handles that rotate into eight different positions
- Lightweight at 16.1 lbs; It is JPMA certified; and meets ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
5. Britax 2017 B-Agile Stroller
Britax 2017 B-Agile Stroller is our 5th best Stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers today. Over 36 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of March 2020, it has an average rating of 4.7/5. Parents like the Britax 2017 B-Agile stroller because it is lightweight and maneuvers great on all-wheel suspension.
- Lightweight(18 pounds) aluminum frame and holds up to 55 pounds
- Travel System able: works harmoniously with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
- UV 50+ ventilated canopy and large storage basket for ease and convenience
- 3 wheel, lightweight stroller with 1 hand quick fold to aid movement
- The seat infinitely reclines to accommodate the occupant’s needs
6. Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini 3W
Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini 3W is our 6th best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers today. Over 201 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2020, it has an average rating of 4.8/5. Parents like the Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini 3W stroller because of its easy compact fold.
- 3 wheeled, 8 inches EVA tire tread with lockable swivel front wheels and front wheel suspension
- Easy one-step fold
- The seat has a 50 pounds weight capacity and reclines on multiple levels.
- Lightweight – a little under 18 pounds – compact and nimble
- UB 50plus adjustable sun canopy; boasts of two peek a boo windows
7. Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is our 7th best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers. Over 4067 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2020, it has an average rating of 4.5/5. Parents like the Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller because it is an almost all-terrain stroller.
- 4 position recline seat, 5 point safety harness and a height limit of 43 inches.
- Ample storage; It includes an extra-large storage basket( maximum of 10 lbs), a rear storage pouch, and a cup holder.
- A lightweight stroller with a tough aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and holds up to 50 pounds.
- Shock-free front wheels and lockable rear wheels; All wheels are 6-inches.
- Easy compact fold with a carrying strap and auto-lock easing its storage and mobility.
- The adjustable and detachable canopy with flip out sun visor is ideal for sunny days.
8. J is for Jeep Brand North Star Stroller
J is for Jeep Brand North Star Stroller is our 8th best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers today. Over 660 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2020, it has an average rating of 4.3/5. Parents like the J is for Jeep Brand North Star Stroller because it offers the toddler a comfortable breezy ride.
- Lightweight(11.68 pounds), strong frame for maximum portability and holds up to 40 pounds.
- Travel-ready compact umbrella fold.
- Cozy ride: On sunny days the padded seat can roll up to expose a mesh back. This creates a comfy headrest for the child and allows increased air circulation for a cooling effect. Has calf support and footrest too.
- 5.5 Inches front & back wheels. Front anti-shock swivel wheels.
- Stretchable European style canopy with sun visor
- 3-point safety harness
- Extra-long easy to grip foam handles; a parent’s cup holder and a storage basket to hold your travel gear.
- JPMA verified to meet or surpass all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM. Has a 90-day manufacturer warranty.
9. Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller
Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller is our 9th best stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers today. Over 41 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2020, it has an average rating of 3.6/5. Parents like the Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller because of its front shock-free swivel wheels that are capable of a 360 turn and ease maneuverability.
- It has a metal frame, weighs at 33 lbs, and suitable for toddlers of up to 36 months.
- Easy to fold and it is very compact thus space-saving; moreover it stands on itself after folding.
- A large storage basket underneath is ideal for holding suppliers. It is also equipped with a parent cup holder and a detachable child’s tray with 2 cup holders.
- Flexible Oxford sun canopy to protect the occupant UV rays, wind, and rain
- Front lockable, shock-free swivel wheels capable of a 360 turn ease maneuverability
- It has a 5-point safety harness, to ensure the child is safely seated. The backrest reclines to three different levels to even allow a child to sleep with a manufacturer-provided cushion.
10. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller is our 10th best Stroller in this list of best strollers for toddlers. Over 1337 parents have reviewed it on Amazon and as of Jan 2020, it has an average rating of 4.3/5. Parents like the Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller because it is conveniently lightweight(only 11.8 lbs); perfect for traveling as well as day trips to the park or shopping mall.
- Reclining seat(although not completely flat) with a 5-point safety restraint system and holds a child up to 40 pounds and 40 inches tall.
- A large, easily accessible storage basket to hold the baby’s gear; detachable child tray with dual holders, and parent tray with dual water bottle holders and an additional storage area.
- Lightweight(only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling as well as day trips to the park or shopping mall.
- Three-level expansive canopy for most UV protection with a peek-a-boo window to monitor the infant.
- Easily assembles, handy one-hand and self-standing fold, ideal for car travel and holidays.
- Awesome customer service and support.
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at 10BabyGear. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.