For any parent considering a safe and maneuverable travel system, it is important to consider some features before making a purchase decision. A baby travel system is perhaps the only item you need to do some serious research to understand them as they are among the most expensive baby gear we’ve reviewed.
We’ve spent several weeks researching and comparing different features of the initial 23 baby travel systems that we shortlisted on this list. I was personally keen on each feature as I purchased a travel system that had weak frames that broke after 6 months. Like any customer, I was disappointed for losing the $480 as I had to purchase another stroller.
What Type of Stroller is Best?
The most suitable travel system depends on your lifestyle. There are three-wheel strollers and four-wheen strollers. Three-wheel strollers are great for stability enabling you and your baby to easily manouver crowds. On the other hand, four-wheel strollers have extra features such as extra storage and cup holders. If you usually travel your need to get a foldable stroller that is compact and light.
In summary, here are the common types of strollers you can choose from:
- Full-sized strollers: These are the most common stroller types and features storage, seating, canopies, and multi-person reclining chairs
- Umbrella Strollers: These are lightweight and compact strollers that fold up like an umbrella. Usually not very sturdy and does not offer much storage space.
- Double strollers: These are ideal for twins or two kids close in age.
- Jogging strollers: These strollers are sturdy enough to go for a jog while the baby remains comfortable.
- Combo strollers: These are strollers that easily convert from one to more kids, rotate bassinet or seat direction, and are often compatible with car seats
- Travel Systems: These are the ones that come with a car seat or car seat adapters.
Our Travel System Ranking Factors
Without further delay, let’s go through the features that we used to rank the strollers in this list:
- Stroller safety and whether they have JPMA safety certification
- Compatibility of the travel system with other car seats
- Ease of folding and carrying it around
Best Travel System Stroller 2020: Britax B-Lively
Using the above 5 factors, Britax B-Lively travel system took the lead scoring well on all the five factors. Here are some key features we like most about this stroller:
- Scores very highly on safety for a decent price compared to other travel systems on this list
- Easy to fold, steer and transport
- Suitable for newborns up to 55 lbs and its seat has a full recline, generous legroom, and headspace.
- It has better under-basket storage that can be easily accessed.
To make it easy for you to do your research on available travel systems, here are the key things that thousands of parents which they fully understood before purchasing an overpriced system that will not last.
2020 List of Top Travel Systems
Below is a list of our best travel system strollers of 2020:
- Britax B-Lively Travel System:
- UPPAbaby Vista Stroller (Jordan Style)
- Graco Modes Stroller: Best Stroller with Reversible Seat
- Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
- Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System:
- Graco FastAction Fold Travel System
- Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium
- Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
- Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System
- Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
Reviews of Best Travel System Strollers 2020
Below are the reviews of our top 10 baby travel system strollers.
1. Britax B-Lively Travel System
Britax B-Lively is our overall best travel system in this 2020 list. The B-Lively travel system comes with a B-Safe 35 infant car seat with base. We ranked it top specifically because of its easy compact fold, sturdy, maneuverable, and superior safety features with push-on LATCH connectors. This B-Lively travel system was released in May 2018 and is one of the few travel system strollers that is rated highly, 4.6/5 on Amazon.
This travel system is a combination of B-Lively stroller and the B-35 Infant car seat and is an upgrade of the earlier models such as B-Free. B-Lively is a car seat compatible with Britax infant car seats and they come with adapters. Suitable for infants 6 months and younger.
It is well-liked because of several features including the fact that it is very lightweight only weighing 20 pounds. It also has a large storage space that you can access from the back. This travel system is currently ranked number 23 out of the 100 best-selling baby strollers on Amazon.
Below is a demonstration and brief video review of the Britax B-Lively travel system:
Below are some other reasons that I really like about this travel system that I bet you’ll also appreciate:
- The 3-wheels are very ideal for manoeuvering any terrain and what makes it even better is that the front wheel pivots making it easy to navigate through any obstacles.
- It is the easiest stroller to fold and you’ll appreciate traveling with this stroller as it folds easily and fits into any car trunk that you may plan to use. The aluminum frames are also really light making it easy to carry it around.
- One seatback storage pocket.
- Small and self-standing when folded
When I was doing my research on the best strollers, my biggest concern was the size of storage bags as I had twins. Unlike the B-free model, this B-lively brand has an enlarged basket and if you plan to use it when visiting the zoo or just any park, you can rest easy knowing that the storage space can carry enough items including foods, diapers and much more.
Below is a review from a parent who is very happy about this travel system:
The only disadvantage with this Britax travel system is that its handlebars are not adjustable.
Both Britax B Livey and Britax B Free brands have similarities such as age recommendations (suitable for 6 months and under) and both are not suitable for running or jogging. However, Britax B Lively is heavier than the B-free brand by 2 pounds. B Lively weighs 20 lbs and B Free weighs 18 pounds. Another big difference that makes the B-Lively brand stand out is that its stands can be folded unlike those of the B-free model that cannot be folded.
Despite the differences, both brands are equally good and Consumer Reports rated them equally when they subjected both to tests.
2. UPPAbaby Vista Stroller (Jordan Style)
UPPAbaby is, by all means, a high-end travel system but it still made it to our list, coming second behind B-Lively brand of Britax.
UPPAbaby brand may sometimes be regarded as a luxury or high-end baby products brand but some of its latest travel systems and specifically the 2018 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller caught our attention. It currently has a 4.6/5 rating on Amazon and is ranked 9th among the top 100 best-selling strollers on Amazon. This is despite it selling for more than double our best brand above, Britax.
UPPAbaby VISTA travel system with MESA infant car seat is probably the most stylish and high-quality brand in this list. It wins with its versatility as it can be used for more than one kid. Not just two. It can work for 3 kids. No surprise it cost almost triple the price of Britax travel system brands.
UPPAbaby travel system released a series of UPPAbaby travel strollers with syles differentiated by names such as Jake, Jordan, Gregory, Emmet, and Henry. Our best is the Jordan Style of the Vista series.
The 2018 UPPAbaby Vista Jorda Stroller system is our overall best travel system by UPPAbaby coming ahead of UPPAbaby MINU stroller that wire cutter ranked top in its 2019 review. UPPAbaby has more than 10 travel systems with the Jordan style, 2018 UPPAbaby travel being our overall best. This particular travel system (Jordan) was released in March 24, 2018, and after doing rigorous testing and reviewing, here is why we think this baby stroller may be ideal for you:
- It comes with a front-facing and rear-facing toddler seat and has several positions your baby can recline to.
- It is compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat as a direct attachment without requiring any adapters.
- It has a very large basket that can hold up to 30lbs of luggage and can be easily accessed.
It currently costs $900 on Amazon but you can check its current price here. If $900 is too much and still wants a lightweight UPPAbaby brand, you can check out the UPPAbaby Minu which costs $399. You can also check its price here.
3. Graco Modes Stroller: Best Stroller with Reversible Seat
Graco Modes Strollers is our best stroller with a reversible seat, coming third on this list and we list it most for studfy makes it durable.
It was released to the market on April 8, 2018, about a year and five months ago. Sellers who have left reviews on Amazon have given it an average rating of 4.6/5 which is phenomenal. It costs $180 but you can check its price today here.
As part of this list, we compared it with several of its peers in this list including the Britax, Chicco, Entflo, and Graco and we liked this particular model more because of its reversible seat
4. Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System came fifth behind Britax, UPPABab, and Graco’s travel systems above. Comparatively, Chicco Bravo Trio System is not the latest to be released as it was released in 2016. Most online retailers stock this stroller as well as local stores such as Walmart or Target. Chicco Bravo Tio sells for $379 and as of this update on September 2, 2019, it was ranked number 30 of the top 100 best-selling baby travel strollers on Amazon.
More than 800 reviews we collected and analyzed as part of this review are generally positive and we aggregated them to 4.5/5. As of this update, Amazon customers have given it a high rating of 4.6/5 (Over 450 customers).
Below is a sales chart showing how Chicco’s Bravo Trio Travel system has gained acceptance from thousands of parents.
Below is a video review of Chicco Trio Bravo:
5. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System:
Evenflo Pivot Modular is our fifth best travel system stroller in this 2020 list. This travel system was released to the market over three years ago and it is still the top-selling brand on Amazon. This stroller is among the few that have consistently delivered as promised. When you read the Evenflo Pivot’s marketing material or on trusted well-researched reviews, you’ll realize that users have generally accepted it as the best of all Chicco’s travel systems.
6. Graco FastAction Fold Travel System
Graco FastAction Fold Travel System which includes FastAction Fold Stroller and SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat, Bennett is our 6th best baby travel system. The stroller has attractive looks and is built using high-quality materials that enhance the comfort of your kids at an affordable cost.
Graco FastAction Fold Travel System | Includes FastAction Fold Stroller and SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat, Bennett is a convenient and a smart choice because:
- It fits through a standard doorway easily because it a has a lightweight narrow design
- Its superb maneuverability owing to its double front wheels that create a strong foundation and adequate stability with double strolling.
- The stroller has the largest storage and canopy in the market. For example, the stroller has mesh pockets where you put your toys, snacks, or sippy cups.
- It offers extra safety and comfort for your child because the seat reclines in endless angles, which enhances the sleeping episodes for your kids.
Also, the travel system has a removable bumper and 5-point that yokes that keep your children safer and comfortable while strolling.
- It is easy to store because it easily folds.
It is a reliable baby travel system stroller because it has a high rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon, where 73% of the reviewers have given the product a five star.
Also, the travel system is not comfortable for caregivers, especially if they are of above-average height because the handlebar is relatively low and is not adjustable, while its brake bar that is between the back wheels makes you hit the stroller with your feet.
It is available on Amazon at $179.99
7. Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium
Our 7th preference for the Best Travel System Stroller is the Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millenium.
We love this stroller because it accommodates children as young as one day old up to 29.98 lbs. meaning you can keep fit as your newborn gets fresh air. Moreover, the stroller has an EZ Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat that has an energy-absorbing form for enhancing side impact head protection, which prevents your treasured baby from a head injury.
Also, we love Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium because of its features, which are:
- Its complete 3-Wheel Jogger and EX Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat with lock in car base
- A lockable front swivel wheel for jogging, which also unlocks for easy strolling
- Has a parent tray, two cup holders, covered storage, and a sizeable storage basket
- Has a push handle that is extra wide, ergonomically shaped and foam padded and
- It has an adjustable canopy with a peek-a-boo window that notches to block the sun and the wind.
The primary advantages of using the Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium are that:
- It is a lightweight yet secure stroller for babies
- It is suitable for physically active parents that wish to jog and stroll their kids at the same time
- The handle of the stroller provides an easy grip and hold, which prevents hand fatigue
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain jogger, meaning you can use it in any condition
- And its canopy can be easily retracted at different angles which obscure your baby from the harmful UV lights.
The downside to using the Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium, however, is that it is difficult to travel with because it is bulky.
If you are a parent that is passionate about your physical fitness, yet unsure of leaving behind your kid when going for a jog, the Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium is the best travel system stroller for you.
Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium is available on Amazon at $130.99
8. Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat, Lake Blue comes in at number 8 in our best travel system strollers of 2019. The travel system is Amazon’s choice for safety-enhancing travel system stroller owing to its harness heights that are spaced right for an improved fit for tiny and tall babies, providing comforts and safety on the go.
This stroller is suitable for parents who mind the protection of their child, the comfort of their kids yet budget-conscious because it is affordable. Besides, the following features make Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat, Lake Blu a good choice for you and your kid:
- The stroller has agile wheels, which promote maximum maneuverability around corners, has flip-flop friendly brakes that make it come to a halt, and its car seat has built-in safety, features that enhance comfort and safety for you and your baby while on the move.
- The stroller has a lift-to-fold system, which makes it super easy for you to store the travel system
- Has a peek-a-boo window that enables you to keep watch of your baby on the go and also facilitates better airflow and
- Its onBoard35 LT infant car seat provides your child with a superior fit for improved safety while on the move. Moreover, the 4 harness heights are positioned on the right to ensure a comfortable fit for your kid from 4-35 pounds. Well, if your baby is below 2.2 lbs., you have to exercise a little patience before you and your baby enjoy the safety that the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat, Lake Blu offers to both child and the caregiver. Also, the stroller is unsuitable for a parent who has twins or more than one baby because it has the capacity of only one child.
The travel systems stroller is available only on Amazon.com at $134.99.
9. Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System, Night Black, One Size
Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System, Night Black, One Size is definitely a high-end travel system stroller that entails one of the lightest car seats in the market, a stay in care base, and a stylish easy to operate stroller. The travel systems weigh 21 pounds only, with its recommended baby minimum weight being 5 pounds. During the 2019 Black Friday, this travel system was on offer and was among the best-seller then.
The travel system has several benefits, which include:
- It provides comfort and safety because its car seat is suitable for kids of up to 30 pounds while the stroller holds a child of up to 50 pounds effectively.
- It is easy to clean because of its premium fabrics
- The car seat’s self-wicking fabrics ensure that your baby remains dry
- And its reversible seat that faces either to the front or back ensures your child is comfortable at all times.
The stroller, however, is the most expensive compared to its competitors in the market. Another con of the travel system is that you cannot use it with kids who are under 5 pounds.
Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System, Night Black, One Size is most fitting for parents who do not compromise the comfort and safety of the babies for cost.
The stylish travel system stroller is available on Amazon at a discounted price of $339.99.
10. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Millennium Blue
Finally, our tenth best-rated travel system is the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Millennium Blue that is famed for
Its most favorable features include:
- EZ Flex-Loc infant car seat with a base and a lockable front swivel wheel for ease of movements
- It has all-terrain tires
- An adjustable canopy with a covered sunroof to protect your kid from extreme sun and wind
- It is easily portable because it is made of lightweight steel
- And has a 5-point fully adjustable safety harness and tether strap that enhances your child’s protection.
This travel system is most appropriate for all parents because its all-terrain tires can be used on either smooth surfaces or rough pavements.
You can check its price and availability on Amazon here.