There is a good reason that over 95% of the 45 parents that have bought Dr. J Professional baby monitor have rated it 4.8/5 on Amazon. Dr. J professional baby monitor is a 2 camera baby monitor that was released to the market on September 27, 2019, and as barely a month later it is currently the 16th best-selling baby monitor on Amazon.
Similar to other video baby monitors we’ve reviewed here at 10BabyGear, Dr. J baby monitor is a non-wifi video baby monitor that relies on 2.4 GHz FHSS technology to transmit signal from the camera to the dedicated 4.3-inch parent unit. FHSS technology assures you the privacy of all communications and you can rest easy knowing that your baby’s camera feed will not be hacked by some pervert.
Below is a picture of Dr. J Professional Camera. If you are in a hurry, you can click on the link to read the 40+ reviews and make a purchase on Amazon.
Video Description of DR. J Monitor
Below is a video with a description of the features that make the latest Dr. J Professional video baby monitor unique and perhaps the ideal dual cameras for twins monitoring.
Features we like of Dr. J Video Baby Monitor
Below are the features of Dr. J video baby monitor:
- It comes with two cameras making it very ideal for monitoring babies in two different rooms or even twins in the same room. The video feeds from the cameras of your two babies automatically cycle function between 2 cameras every 2 seconds.
- It comes with a 4.3-inch LCD display that is powered by a 1200mAh battery that is rechargeable and can last up to 8 hours.
- The display allows you to zoom up to 2x the details to get the most focussed view of your baby.
- It is voice-activated which ensures that it only transmits signals from the camera to the parent unit when the baby is actually in need of your attention. This VOX mode feature ensures that the battery is saved and limits the amount of radiation the wireless Dr. J video baby monitor emits.
- Dr. J allows you to talk to your baby when you want as it has 2-way communication. At the times you think your voice may help calm and soothe the baby to sleep, you can even sing lullabies over this 2-way video baby monitor.
- Dr. J baby monitor uses FHSS technology which has been relied on for over 5 centuries to provide encrypted communication in limited localities. The technology was invented in 1941 and it uses 2.4 GHz frequency to transmit encrypted signals that hop from one channel to another within the same frequency, avoiding any potential hijacking incidences. FHSS is a hack-proof technology that is used by some of the best non-wifi baby monitors we’ve reviewed here at 10BabyGear such as Infant Optics DXR 8, Eufy Spaceview, UU Infant, Campark, BabySense, Hellobaby, and many others.
- Dr. J baby monitor is a long-range baby monitor that you can rely on to transmit signals from the camera up to a distance of 1000 ft. outdoors and about 100 ft. indoor. This is a decent range, better than most others such as Infant Optics 700 ft. and Eufy’s 460 ft.
The table below gives more specs about this baby monitor that does not require wifi.
|Name||Dr. J Video Baby Monitor|
|Technology||2.4 GHz FHSS technology|
|Screen Size||4.3 inches|
|Cameras it comes with||2|
|Sensors||Temperature night vision|
|Alerts||for night vision and for low temperature|
|Price||Check on Amazon|