Large-screen baby monitors make it easy to view your baby’s videos and images with incredible convenience. No need to squint your eyes trying to catch a glimpse of your baby’s face or feet as big-screen monitor displays allows you to view using 5 to 8-inch parent units that you can rely on for quality videos. All the baby monitors on this list do not rely on the internet except Motorola Halo Plus which is wifi-enabled.
Ranking Factors of the Best Baby Monitors with Large Screens
After long and thorough research on baby monitor screens, I compared and ultimately came up with a way to simplify the ranking of these large-display baby monitors.
From an initial list of 18 that consisted of 3.5-inch screens to 7-inch screens, I settled on the following 5 ranking factors that enabled me to narrow down the list to four best large-screen baby monitors. Below are what I used to rank these baby monitors:
- Size of screen: Baby monitors with large screen sizes did better than those with smaller screen sizes
- Viewing Option: Baby monitors that allow split-screen viewing scored better than those that only allowed full-screen viewing and required users to toggle from screen to screen to view different camera footage.
- Screen display mode: Color or just black and white
- Range: How far the screen unit/parent unit could stay connected with the camera unit
- Replacement Screens: Baby monitors that have replacement screens such as Infant Optics DXR 8 ranked better than those that do not have replacement parent units.
Best Big-Screen Baby Monitors
Below are some of our 2021 best big-screen baby monitors you can find in the market.
|Name||Screen Size||Check Price|
|Vava Baby Monitor||5 inches||Check Price|
|BIGASUO||7 inches||Check Price|
|Eufy Spaceview Baby Monitor||5 inches||Check Price|
|Motorola Halo Plus||4.3 inches||Check Price|
|Motorola mbp50||5 inches||Check Price|
|Moonybaby||5 inches||Check Price|
|Summer Infant||5 inches||Check Price|
Vava: Best Large Inch Screen Baby Monitor with IPS Display
Vava baby monitor is my favorite and our best large-screen baby monitor that comes with a large 5-inch IPS display screen. Because of its superior display technology, it came first in this list despite having a smaller screen compared to Bigasuo baby monitor which has a larger 7-inch screen.
From the images above, you can clearly see the IPS display monitor is better than a non-IPS display monitor.
IPS baby monitors use panel technology which is better than LCD’s vertical alignment display and backlight technologies. IPS stands for In-Panel Switching monitor and is preferred for high-resolution display applications. Below is a quote from Vava baby monitor review:
Vava uses IPS display with IPS standing for “In-plane switching” screen that has crystals aligned in parallel to ensure it produces rich colored colors. Some of the major advantages of Vava’s IPS monitor is its outstanding accuracy and color consistency in all available viewing angles.Vava Review
Vava baby monitor is the first non-wifi baby monitor we’ve reviewed here at 10BabyGear that uses this technology. In addition to this advanced technology on its big screen, Vava baby monitor displays in 720p HD resolution.
Below is an image showing Vava’s 5-inch IPS display. Take note of the color consistency and high definition display
Below are other features that made us include this baby monitor on this list:
- Can support up to four cameras with each additional Vava baby monitor costing $99. This expandable baby monitor costs less than $200.
- It supports full-screen viewing and switches automatically from screen to screen in every 15 seconds. Even though it does not support split-screen viewing, a full-screen color display on its large screen monitor makes up for it.
- It relies on FHSS transmission technology that uses a 2.4 GHz frequency band to transfer audio and visual signals from the camera to the large screen display. FHSS baby monitors dominate our list of baby monitors that do not rely on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wifi.
- The screen and camera can be separated for a distance of 480 feet to 900 feet and the signal strength will depend on the nature of obstructions such as the thickness of walls in your house. You can check out other long-distance connectivity baby monitors.
- The big-size screen of Vava baby monitor uses high-capacity 4500 mAh rechargeable batteries that can last for up 24 hours! Surprising that the large screen does not consume more power and almost good as battery-only powered baby monitors. In our review of Vava baby monitor, the long battery life of this baby monitor was one of its biggest advantage of this baby monitor without wifi. The long battery life is possible because Vava is among the baby monitors with VOX
As of this update on September 28, 2019, Vava baby monitor is the 5th best-selling baby monitor on Amazon and over 500 customers have rated it 4.8/5 which is incredible considering that its only been in the market for less than 3 months.
BIGASUO: Large Screen Baby Monitor with LCD Display
Bigasuo is our second best baby monitor with a large 7-inch screen that uses LCD display technology. LCD which stands for liquid crystal display high definition images on 1024*600 pixels resolution. Bigasuo’s large 600p display screen has relatively lower clarity to Vava’s IPS display but both have 720p resolution images. They only differ in the clarity of images. Despite LCD technology pBigasuo has been rated 4/5 by over 100 customers who like this improvement of the older Bigasuo baby monitor that had a 3.5-inch screen.
Bigasuo’s 7-inch screen is powered by a rechargeable 2500mAh rechargeable battery that can guarantee about 15 hours of monitoring. Compared to Vava’s high capacity 4500mAh batteries, Bigasuo screens come shortly as it consumes energy faster and has comparatively shorter battery life.
Below are other features that make this a great big-screen baby monitor:
- Remote pan and tilt that allows you to see up to 95% of your baby’s nursery
- The large screen allows you to see up to 2 times sharper images than 480p screens or most non-wifi baby monitors such as Infant Optics DXR 8, Anmeate baby monitor, UU Infant, Campark and Hellobaby.
- Bigasuo screen and camera require minimal setup.
- It comes with a temperature sensor
- The screen comes with easy controls and a headphone jack. Not many baby monitor parent units we’ve reviewed allow you to listen to your baby’s audio using headphones.
Eufy Spaceview S: Best Big Size Baby Monitor With 720p LCD Display
Eufy Spaceview S is our third best video baby monitor with a large 5-inch LCD display that can remain connected to the camera for up to 460 ft. Eufy baby monitor’s LCD screen is better than Bigasuo’s 600p display but is less superior to Vava’s IPS 720p HD display.
Eufy Spaceview S baby monitor came third as it is more expensive compared to Bigasuo and Vava baby monitor. However, it uses a high-capacity 2900mAh rechargeable battery to power the large five-inch screen that can last for up to 15 hours.
Below is an image of Eufy Spaceview S’s 5-inch screen compared to Infant Optics smaller 3.5-inch screen.
This non-wifi baby monitor relies on FHSS transmission technology to transfer audio and video signals from the camera to the big-screen unit guaranteeing 100% security and privacy of your baby.
Motorola Halo+ Over-The-Crib
Motorola Halo+ Over-The-Crib is another large-screen wifi-baby monitor that made it to our list of top internet-connected baby monitors of 2021. This Motorola brand baby monitor has a 4.3-inch screen slightly smaller compared to the large 7 and 5-inch screens that other baby monitors in this list. However, this baby monitor made it to this list specifically because it can be connected to Android or iOS devices as well as to the parent unit. In other words, it allows local and unlimited-range viewing.
Motorola MBP50 video baby monitor with Large 5-Inch screen
Motorola MBP50 is another Motorola brand baby monitor with a large 5-inch screen but does not rely on the internet like the Motorola Halo Plus.
Summer Wide View 2.0 Baby Video Monitor with 5-inch Screen
Summer Infant Wide View 2.0 is another favorite big-screen baby monitor in our 2021 list.
Moonybaby video baby monitor with a big 5-inch screen is an improvement to the 4.3-inch Moonybaby video baby monitor. This large screen baby monitor made it to our list specifically because of its split-screen viewing feature. It supports viewing of up to 4 camera video feeds on a single screen and this makes it special compared to all the other large-screen monitors in this list.
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at 10BabyGear. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.