What are Split-Screen Baby Monitors/Dual-Screen Monitors?
Split-screen baby monitors allow you to view two video feeds on the same screen – also called dual screen baby monitors.
Split-Screen baby monitors have been in the market for as early as 2007. In 2020, the big difficulty you’d face as you pick the best baby monitor with split-screen viewing will stem from the different brands and technologies used by various baby monitors.
In this article, we’ve spent almost 45 hours to put together this research as we hope it would assist several parents to decide on which ideal baby monitor with split-screen viewing will suit them.
Split-screen viewing is only available as a viewing option in baby monitors that support multiple cameras. We previously reviewed the best baby monitors for twins and one of the features we advised parents to look out for is the split-screen viewing feature in video baby monitors.
How We Ranked The Best Baby Monitors With Split-Screen
The list below has our top 10 baby monitors with this feature and we’ve ranked them beginning with our best. After committing several hours to develop this research, we decided that we’d use the following factors to rank the top baby monitors that have split-screen viewing capability:
- Quality of videos, VGA vs HD
- Delays in video transmission
- Size of the baby monitor screen
- Color vs. non-color videos in the baby monitor
- Night vision feature
- Number of cameras the baby monitor supports
MoonyBaby Split-Screen Monitor: Overall Best Split-Screen Baby Monitor 2020
Using the above factors, MoonyBaby Split-Screen baby monitor emerged as the overall best split-screen baby monitor in 2020 and I have reviewed it below. Before going through the reviews of all split-screen monitors in this list, below is a table with a comparison of all best split-screen video baby monitors:
10 Baby Monitors with Split-Screen Viewing
Below are the top split screen baby monitors of 2020
|Name of Baby Monitor||Screen Size||Cameras|
It Comes With
|1. MoonyBaby Split-screen Baby Monitor||4.3 inches||1 camera||Check Price|
|2. Heimvision HM136||5 inches||1 camera||Check price|
|3. CasaCam BM200||5-inches||1||Check Price|
|4 Motorola MBP50-G2 Video Baby Monitor||5 inches||2 cameras||Check Price|
|5. DBPower Video Baby Monitor||4.3 inches||2 Cameras||Check Price|
|6. Summer Infant Dual View||5 inches||1||Check Price|
|7. VTech VM343||3 inches||1||Check Price|
|8. Motorola MBP855CONNECT||5 inches||2||Check Price|
|9. Moonybaby 5-inch monitor||5 inches||2||Check Price|
|10. VTech VM321-2||2.8 inches||2||Check Price|
|11. Babysense Split-Screen Monitor (NEW)||4.3 inches||1 but supports up to 4 cameras||Check Price|
Reviews of the Top Split-Screen Monitors/Dual-Screen Monitors
1. MoonyBaby Split-Screen Baby Monitor
MoonyBaby is the best split-screen baby monitor in our 2020 list after reviewing and scoring all the seven factors mentioned above.
MoonyBaby is a VOX baby monitor that does not rely on the internet to transmit its signals from the camera to the parent unit. Moonybaby comes with a 4.3-inch large LCD screen that supports 2-way talk.
Furthermore, it supports up to 4 cameras although you can purchase one with a single camera, or another with dual camera. The add-on camera is quite inexpensive, priced at a cost similar to those of audio baby monitors.
- Can support upto four cameras
- Has a long-battery life
- Has pre-recorded lullabies.
- Features two-way communication.
- Produces sound and light while charging, which can be annoying.
The HemVision HM136 Video Baby Monitor is a baby monitor that gives you value for your money. The video monitor has a high camera clarity which provides you with every detail.
Over 800 parents have rated this baby monitor, 4.8/5 and in Feb 2020, it was the 43rd best-selling baby monitor on Amazon. Here is a link to the top 100.
It uses a rechargeable battery and has a large 5-inch screen that can stay connected to the camera for up to 1000 ft.
- Talkback feature
- It has a 720p HD resolution.
- Temperature & Sound alarm.
- Night vision
- 5” LCD Display
- 110° wide-angle security camera.
Here is a video review of Heimvision HM136
Heimvision Add-on Camera
Heimvision HM136’s add-on camera will cost you less than $60. This monitor can be great for monitoring twins or babies in multiple rooms.
With this additional camera, you can view both babies on the same screen unlike other monitors such as Vava, Eufy or Infant Optics that do not have split-screen viewing.
- Long battery life
- Built-in lullabies.
- Multiple-language support.
- Automatic night vision.
- Has temperature monitors
- Limited Coverage.
CasaCam BM200 is our third best split-screen baby monitor that 180+ parents have rated it 4.3/5 on Amazon.
One parent said this about its split-screen feature: ” We love the split-screen on this monitor, which has worked great for our two kids. Customer service was extremely helpful when we were having some issues.”
The CasaCam BM200 is an HD camera that one can control remotely using the monitor even while in any part of the home.
- Multiple language selection.
- Rechargeable battery.
- HD camera with night vision.
- 2-way audio.
- 5” portable LCD monitor.
- Temperature and Lullabies display.
Below is a great video review of CasaCam Bm200
- Power saver
- It can be remotely tilted and monitored.
- Automatic night vision
- Has built-in lullabies
- Quad display
- The night vision is considered less clear.
4. Motorola MBP50-G2 Video Baby Monitor
The MBP50-G2 brand by Motorola came fourth in our list of top baby monitors that will allow you to view more than one video feed on the same screen. This split-screen monitor has a 5” diagonal color screen that allows you to watch a real-time video, capturing every moment.
This baby monitor comes with two cameras. The 2-camera split-screen monitor by Motorola costs about $164 and a single-camera brand costs about $5 less. This essentially tells you to just get the dual camera baby monitor instead of single camera and who knows, you may need to monitor two rooms or maybe you’ll get twins soon!
Here are features of this camera
- Two-way communication
- 5-inch camera
- It uses the spread spectrum, a FHSS technology that ensures 100% privacy.
- Has Infrared Night Vision
- Room temperature display
- Remote tilt, pan, and zoom.
- Temperature and sound alert
Here is what a parent, Andrew had to say about the split-screen feature:
Split screen and auto camera switching is great with 2 kids. The only downside is the speaker on the camera is on the bottom. It’s difficult to hear what is being said unless you prop the camera up to fully expose the speaker.Andrew, Jan 2019
Below is a video review of Motorola MBP50-G2
- Impressive display
- Remote camera control
- 5” size monitor
- High video quality
- Split-screen viewing
- Low battery life
DBPower is our fifth best split-screen viewing monitor that has been rated 4.1/5 by over 700 parents. The DBPower Video baby monitor is easy to operate monitor with smart features like two-way talk, sound-activated lights, and a room temperature monitor.
This system support split screen, and can automatically switch between cameras , also, you can manually switch to the camera you want. Press CH button on the parent unit. It will cycle in the following order: CAM1-CAM2-CAM3-CAM4-QUAD(Split Screen)-AUTO SCAN-CAM1.DBPOwer custoemr service
- Temperature monitor
- Expandable camera
- 270 degrees Pan-tilt-zoom
- 4.3” large screen.
- Automatic video recording
- Split-screen display
- Two-way talk
- Easy to operate.
- The brightness is considered too bright
6. Summer Infant Dual View
The Summer Infant Dual View is the 6th best monitor with a split-screen viewing feature in this 10BabyGear list. It comes with a large 5-inch monitor and a wide-angle lens which allows you to see 4X more of the room and your baby.
Below is what Emily, a parent had to say about Summer Infant’s Dual View:
Yes. It has split-screen. We use two monitors simultaneously. FYI – It only does audio of one at a time though, you can select which one.Emily Jerge
- Rechargeable battery
- Wall mountable camera
- 600-foot wide range
- 3.5” color LCD video display.
- Split-screen feature
- Private and secure
- Wide range
- Infrared LEDs
- Low sound clarity
7. VTech VM343
VTech VM343 is our 7th best split-screen monitor in our 2020 list. The VTech VM343 allows one to hear and monitor a baby’s moves since it has a 1000-feet range. The camera has the ability to pan and tilt where one can watch as the baby moves about.
- Automatic Infrared Night vision
- Two-way, talk-back intercom
- Temperature sensor
- 4.3” color LCD screen
- Comes with multiple viewing options
- Wide range
- Excellent night vision
- High picture and sound quality
- Poor night vision.
8. Motorola MBP855CONNECT
- Room temperature display
- 5.0” color screen display
- WiFi: 2.4 GHz FHSS with up to 1000 range
- Remote HD (720p) Video streaming
- Portable camera with Pan, Tilt and zoom features.
- Wide display
- Has a clear night vision
- Loose portable display.
9. Moonybaby 5-inch monitor
The Moonbaby WideView 50 baby monitor with audio and camera is one of the best baby monitors in the market. The monitor comes with a 5” large screen display, temperature alert, screen split technology and an auto night vision.
- 5” LCD video.
- Temperature monitoring feature.
- 2-way talk
- Sound activated
Add-on Camera: 2 cameras
Split-screen quote: Baby monitor that keeps you with peace of mind.
- Energy-saving batteries
- Wide display
- Split camera screen.
- Long-range display
10. VTech VM321-2
The VTech VM321 is a video and audio monitor that allows one to monitor every baby’s move from any room of the house. With great features like secure transmission and talk-back, you can rest assured that your baby is sound and safe.
- Infrared LED light.
- It can be mounted on the wall.
- Talk-Back Intercom feature
- Split-screen viewing
- Digital Transmission.
- Split-screen viewing.
- Night vision
- Has a temperature indicator
- It comes with soothing lullabies.
- Poor picture and sound quality
- Cannot be controlled remotely
Babysense’s 4.3-inch Split-Screen Baby Monitor is the latest addition to this list as it was released earlier this year, in February 2020. Babysense brand has a number of non-Wifi baby monitor models that are rated very highly and have previously appeared in our ranking for best monitors without WiFi. I personally like and trust the brand and was very excited when I read of its release of a large 4.3-inch monitor with split-screen viewing.
- Has a vivid 4.3” LCD color video screen that provides you with a clear view of what your baby is doing
- Uses a 2.4GHx FHSS Technology and a wide range transmission of 960ft that provides 24/7 undisrupted connection with very clear audio and video
- Has a superior 2-way talkback technology that allows you to sing a lullaby to your child for a calm sleeps session
- Has a 2* digital zoom with an integrated and fully motorized Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) function, which enables you to watch the baby from any angle of her room. The baby monitor has a manual pan of up to 360 degrees and a Tilt of up to 90 degrees.
- Has an Auto Infrared Night Vision that allows you to watch your baby even in darkness
- Has a long battery life that ensures you long recordings of your baby
- It has a split-screen on the Parent Unit, which enables you to monitor different angles of the baby’s room at the same time.
- The baby monitor alerts you when the batteries are low or when you are out of range
- The baby monitor is easy to use
- Inexpensive option with an inexpensive add-on camera that costs less than $50.
- You can use the monitors away from the baby’s room up to 960ft – decent range
- You can watch two angles of the baby’s room simultaneously on the parent unit because of its split-screen function
- The zoom feature is very grainy, especially at night, which makes it hard for you to check the breathing patterns of the baby.