Zmodo cameras can be used baby monitors and below is what a parent had to say about Zmodo Wireless security system being used as a baby monitor
These are great for a low budget way to monitor your home. We can use our phones to watch our house. We get alerted whenever someone or anything is moving near our house.Parent’s Review
Zmodo wireless security system comes in a pack containing four cameras that connects over 2.4 GHz wifi. Zmodo camera is one of the google approved cameras that can be converted to baby monitors to create google home baby monitors. The cameras have night vision and allows you to connect to an app on your phone. The cameras are weatherproof as they allow you to place it indoors or outdoors.
Features of Zmodo Baby Monitor:
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Angle of view: 81 degrees
- Lens: 2.8mm
- Night Vision: up to 65ft
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz Network (Incompatible with 5GHz)
- Encryption: Bank-level AES 256-bit
- Platform: Android 4.0 and Up or iOS 9.0 and Up smartphone
When you purchase Zmodo wireless camera, you’ll need to set it up by following steps:
- Download google home app
- Plug in and power on all the cameras
- Connect the cameras to the google home hub by first verifying your camera then tapping add on the google home hub
- Connect the google hub to the TV.
Zmodo Cameras As Baby Monitors
The following are Zmodo indoor and outdoor cameras that can integrate with Google Home or Alexa and be used as baby monitors.
|Name of Camera||Check Price|
|Zmodo 720p Outdoor Camera||Check Price|
|Zmodo Greet Pro||Check Price|
|Zmodo Sight 180||Check Price|
|Zmodo EZcam||Check Price|
This should allow you to stream all the feed from all the cameras. Surveillance cameras such as Zmodo camera can be converted to be used as a baby monitor.
Zmodo was launched in 2009 by Zmodo Technology (China) Ltd. Corp. In October 2018, Zmodo announced integration with Google Assistant allowing users to control Zmodo devices with their voice. The camera has won the following awards:
- IoT Integration Awards – Zmodo received the 2018 IoT Integration Awards for its home monitoring camera, Snap Pro
- CES innovation award – Innovation award honoree for its home monitoring camera, Snap Pro.
- Inc. 5000
Zmodo Baby Monitor Review
- Pocket-friendly compared to other smart home baby monitors such as Arlo and Nest that can integrate with Google Assistant.
- Night vision not as good
Top Negative Customer Reviews:
Most of the complaints by verified users are night vision and problems with connections:
- Night vision – Night vision’s may deteriorate.
- Offline/loses connection
Top Positive Customer Reviews:
The main pros of the baby monitors for the consumers who’ve used the product are; low cost, easy install and set up,.
- Easy install
- Low cost
Troubleshooting Zmodo Baby Monitor
- Zmodo not connecting to wifi – Follow the steps here;
Zmodo Sight 180 is an indoo camera that is most suitable as a baby monitor.
- – log in from app on phone, iPad, or website from anywhere (the greatest feature EVER)
- – home/away/sleep/awake mode customization
- – user-friendly app (even for the babysitters)
- – high quality imaging
- – great night-time resolution
- – motion detection lets us know when she’s moving around in crib
- – anyone with a smart device can download app and have access to camera when shared
- – app tends to force close and reopen every now and then
- – initial set-up with router is a headache (not the fault of Zmodo, but still worthy to note)
- – camera occasionally freezes – there have been a few time we thought our angel was asleep, only to hear her crying from her room and realize the image was frozen and the time stamp not moving.
- – the LED lights for night vision are really bright. adjusting night vision sensitivity does nothing to the brightness of the LED lights.
- – wish there would be a feature to turn camera on/off when not in use
- – no way to customize motion detection (so many seconds before/after movement)
- – Zmodo’s customer service is terrible – was on hold to chat for 1 hour with no response, Facebook message usually gets a response within a few days, and email response is as least a week